Notices

3 Years Later...

Old 11-22-2007, 11:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Years Later...

Hi all,

It has been over 3 years since I regularly came to this forum. I quit drinking on 9/27/04 and during those first few weeks the people on this forum gave me the answers and support I so desperately needed. I no longer remember anyone's name, but it doesn't matter...we all support each other in our recovery and I want to thank SoberRecovery for being here for me when I needed you all the most. Someone here told me about the Women for Sobriety recovery program and I will forever be grateful as that is the program that worked for me and has kept me on track all this time.

This was my third sober Thanksgiving and while others around me had their glasses of wine, I was fine with my drink of choice. And it IS MY CHOICE. I love being sober, I love remembering to cook all of the dishes I had planned, I love tasting the food now, I love having meaningful conversations around the dinner table, I love a sober laugh (it is so real!) and I LOVE that my kids can pick up my drink and not have to ask what is in it. There is a trust there, that was not there on previous Thanksgivings.

For those who may still be struggling...don't pick up that first drink! If you don't pick up the first one, you won't have to worry about the 5th, 6th or 10th!

Gratefully yours,
Connie
Old 11-22-2007, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting, Connie.

You are enjoying the rewards of sobriety, and it's inspirational to read about it. It's wonderful to watch people get well on this website and in the rooms of AA.

For anyone who is new here, or anyone who is having trouble quitting.... read what Connie has to say. YOU can get sober too! Sobriety is a rewarding lifestyle. Sobriety is the real deal.

May God bless you and your family.
peace,
chip
Old 11-22-2007, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post Connie, thank you, and welcome back.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Thank you for the wonderfully positive post showing what sobriety can bring. Welcome back to SR.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the three years sober, sounds like you are doing very well.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again Connie.....

Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Smile

Originally Posted by ohconnie View Post

Someone here told me about the Women for Sobriety recovery program and I will forever be grateful as that is the program that worked for me and has kept me on track all this time.
I am also a "capable, competent, caring and compassionate woman". Thanks for mentioning WFS. They have helped me with my struggle to stay sober.