Notices

What do you do with your chips?

Old 09-14-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

My sponsor got his 18 year from his sponsor who got it from his sponsor. I guess that is a case of passing it on.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
New things have come to light

I lose them, not on purpose, but that seems to be the norm for me.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I've always been told to take your chip, put it in your mouth. If it melts, you can drink!
Old 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I remember once I used a 3 month chip to open a beer bottle when I didn't have a can opener.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I remember once I used a 3 month chip to open a beer bottle when I didn't have a can opener.
It happens Tib, the phone saved my butt in early sobriety, just a simple phone call to another alcoholic when I really wanted a drink. The best time to call someone I have heard is before one makes the decision to drink.

The phone call would have been a waste of time if I was already in a bar or had a beer in my hand, at that point I would have made the decision to drink.

Tib do not give up, I have heard folks share who went from one relapse to the next that they quit relapsing when sobriety really became more important then a drink, at that point they were willing to do anything to not drink again, they called some one and or went to a meeting, they made the commitment to not go out with friends who were going out to drink or to peoples houses where drinking was going on.

Some of us can handle being around drinking, some of us can't, until we know we are solid in our sobriety. There are folks with 20 years sober that still do not go anywhere there is drinking going on and will leave if it starts because they are not sure if they will be tempted or not, thier sobriety is thier real #1 priority.

Tib keep trying to make sobriety your #1 priority, it will happen if you want it bad enough.

People are no more struck drunk then they are struck sober, both involve a decision to either drink or not drink.