Notices

feeling,"peaceful" today.....

Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling,"peaceful" today.....

good morning...just a quick note..12 days sober for me...6 days without cigarettes...Feeling alot,"calmer"these days..for now,anyway...My,"best friend",the recovering alchoholic,who up and deserted me last year after I slipped ???She called last week,left a message...she misses our chats...wants me to call her..It took her a year to miss me? I am curious about what she's been doing,but that's it...she,"scolded" me last year about her not being able to trust me,and how i wasn't being honest with her or myself....etc.I don't think i could trust HER after this...I don't want a,"conditional" friend....
I have another wedding on saturday...remember my angst about staying sober for the wedding in june? And i did it,for the whole four days...I have never enjoyed drinking with people anyway....i like(d) to drink alone.....
Just wanted to stop by and say HI.....Hope everyone has a nice day today.....KT
Old 09-11-2007, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the 12 days KT. Just a suggestion, but starting or restarting a relationship can in some cases not be a good thing in early sobriety, if things go well then sobriety goes well, but if the relationship goes sour many of us immediately turn to our old friend...... alcohol! One of the main causes I have seen for people relapsing is relationships going sour.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go KT!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

congrats on 12 days sober

and 6 days no smoking!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

karro

Wonderful!! Thank You for joining us.

Just a thot..and a suggestion from my expereince..getting sober is in fact a very BIG deal...Making other major changes in the first year like quiting smoking and jumping into a realtionship was, for me, very dangerous. I thot I could handle it...I had no idea just how dangerous it was for me. Nor did I really know what I had to offer or what I wanted in the relationship.
Just something to think about...The first year truly does fill up the plate....

Pls keep us posted and let us know how you are getting alon.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was completely dismayed when I left my first home group and nobody came after me. Of course, my reaction was typical of an alcoholic....." See, these people didn't really care" "I was justified in not trusting them to begin with". Now here's the reality. They were recovering from a seemingly hopeless state and I was not. I was not ready, and they weren't going down with me. My sponsor told me early on two things that meant an awful lot. 1. Don't call me drunk. I don't talk to drunk people 2. If you don't make it, I won't lose sleep over it, I'll find another alcoholic to work with. This is the selfish part of this program.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

BP44 my first sponsee lived up to the moniker of pigeon and I really wanted to run after him and tell him he was making a mistake.

I will say this for him, he was honest, he did not leave me hanging, he said that he simply did not have time for the one meeting a week he was attending and felt he was doing fine. Hey he may be just fine or he might be drunk as a skunk or dead, I have quickly come to learn that the only person I can keep sober is me and the only person I can get drunk is me as well!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For your smoking you may want to visit this site.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
let it grow!

good to see you around, kt. keep coming back! k
Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Karro,

I hear ya....

After a week of no drinking for me, it feels gooooooooood.

Sleep is good, exercise is good, motivated, concentration all there, no panic, no anxiety, days are bright, nights are brighter, it feels like walkin on sunshine, whaaaooooaaoooo!!!

Intro
Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

KT, I am glad you are sober. I's one whole heck-of-alot better!

Take Care,

Ted