Notices

Just don't feel well today

Old 09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Just don't feel well today

Hi everyone, I am so glad you are here.

Lets see, got stung by a yellow jacket a few days ago and it got infected so I'm on antibiotic.

Just started Chantex to stop smoking and it makes me nausious so now I'm on something for that.

Also have had a stomach bug.

Just don't feel good. Very tired.

I did go to a commitment with my group last night, and I have talked to my sponsor today but I'm not going to a meeting tonight.

I know this forum is not a meeting but I am grateful it and all of you are here because it allows me to connect with others like me even if I don't go out.

Thanks for listining to me ramble,

Ted
Old 09-05-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Ted, sorry to read you're not well. I've been feeling tired too.

Went to the dump yesterday with a car full of rubbish, came back and the bin men were parked at an angle across the road. I was tired, had lots more things I wanted to do, so just waited, they took ages. Decided to back and go round another way, there was a car behind me. Well, then I got annoyed - why couldn't they be more thoughtful with their parking, ? I wonderered there was plenty of room. So I beeped the horn, they just looked at me horrified with a 'who the f**k does she think she is ' look on their faces. They eventually moved and blocked me further. By then the car behind had gone so I could back and go the other way. When I got in the house I just cried and cried for ages. If I'm annoyed, why can't I just keep it to myself? Instead of letting the whole street know about it 'hey everybody, its me, get out of my way, I'm tired and busy so move...' Typical. Well atleast I didn't dash out for a medicinal bottle to calm me down. I got over it. I was tired again today, but I'm ok now. I know, some people have REAL problems...

Sorry to moan - well you started it (lol)

Love to all and glad you're there, c x
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Coffee Drinker

Sometimes it helps to just vent a little.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Ted, that sucks mate! Hi Caraway.

Me, I have been struggling the last few days. Doing better today, I think I tried to cut the chocolate out too soon lol!
66 days sober today, it was nearly zero but I made it through by telling an AA friend how I was feeling and I saw my sponsor this morning.
I have been doing some thinking and I think I need to commit to AA and the steps more than I have been. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by just going for it.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Vent, ramble, and rant all you want, Ted. I'll listen.

Been having a lousy day myself, but I'll be leaving in a few minutes for my afternoon meeting. This too shall pass, right?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega Hugs and Prayers

(+) (+) (+)
Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Tedifer:

Sorry to hear of bee sting and other complications. Yes, I agree this site is a great adjunct to our meetings.

Tonight I decided to go to the Shaftsbury meeting and figured I'd drive up to pick some blueberries at the field on Apple Hill where I worked all summer as a commercial picker. But there were almost no berries to be had. So I picked what little there was 'til dusk, then went to my vehicle and looked at the meeting schedule, only to discover that meeting didn't start until 8pm and I neither wanted to wait nor drive home and then back to Shaftsbury. Grumpf. Maybe I'll manage to get to the 7am in the morning. Now I can't think of anything I want to do. But there's plenty I should do. And Monday when I planned to go to the AA picnic at Shaftsbury State Park, my steering locked up and I couldn't use the vehicle. (Turned out to be just a weird way the wheel got turned, that refused to release.) Guess I'll go hug a chicken. If you were closer, we could watch a video. Guess you can't call right now? (Maybe you should!)

Best from the Snowgoose.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awwww (((((((((((Ted, Snowgoose, Caraway, Stone, Astro, CarolD)))))))))))))))

glad you're all here!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

LOL snowgoose *tedifer*

hey TedEEfuss ... feel better soon hon!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Ted I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

caraway sounds like early recovery to me, I had a hard time with patience when I first got sober, I always find meetings to be helpful and working the steps frrd me from the bondage of self, now that I know the world does not revolve around Martin my patience has grown tremendously, I am but a small part of the over all workings of the universe and that is okay.

66 days sober today, it was nearly zero but I made it through by telling an AA friend how I was feeling and I saw my sponsor this morning.
I have been doing some thinking and I think I need to commit to AA and the steps more than I have been. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by just going for it.
Stone is it not miraculous how calling someone and talking to your sponsor can suddenly make the world just good enough to where we do not have to drink?

Commitment & willingness is what I have found keeps me going forward Stone which carries me through the tough times and into the good times.

Snowgoose I am beginning to wonder about you! LOL What is it with you and fowl? Your name and then hugging chickens!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think Ted started a nice little thread here with his wisdom in venting when he couldn't sit through his normal evening meeting. Barb, I nicknamed him "Tedifer" some years ago as his given name which he rarely uses, is Theodore, which hardly seems to fit, just as my given name does not. Ted obviously relates to cats (me too) so I liked that particular permutation, which strikes me as feline. And yes, Taz, I strangely began to like birds a couple of years ago when I adopted four friendly red hens who didn't mind being cuddled and laid eggs for me all that winter. "Snowgoose" resulted from a trip to North Dakota where I was taken on a hunting trip. I don't like shooting things for sport although I grew up in an environment where folks supplemented their food supply by hunting. Snowgeese are beautiful and I named my relatively new alto saxophone Snowgoose (she's a honker).

I hope we all feel better today. I did get to the 7am meeting and it was good.

Best to all from the Snowgoose.

Last edited by snowgoose; 09-06-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hang in there, better days will come.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I *love* chickens!

not very good swimmers, tho.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Groucho, all of what you have, (or had) will pass. It all comes in like a lion, and leaves like a lamb when you use the tools AA has given you.

A prayer out to you!

Tom
Old 09-06-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ted,

I hope you feel better soon.

Chantax works and nausea is a symptom that subsides after a couple of weeks...Try to eat something and take the med at the same time...

Thinking of you....
Old 09-06-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
not a greeter

The antibiotics & the bee sting probably have a lot to do with feeling tired. Once the meds start working on the infection you should start feeling better soon. Don't know about smoking medicines and anti nausea but hopefully that gets sorted out. I'm glad you think enough of the forum for when you can't get to meetings. It does help doesn't it .