Notices

Well, I'm a mess

Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts. You're always so honest about what's going on and it helps me to see other people setting the example. I'm so glad you're doing better.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Ted I thank you for sharing that and am very glad to see you back. Stories like yours are what help me to know I can not afford to ever forget that I am an alcoholic, the only thing I have real control over is that first drink, as long as I avoid it, I have power over the thousands that may follow it.

BTW the honesty in picking up that 24 hour chip helped a lot of other folks stay sober.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Ted, so good to see you back on track mate!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
let it grow!

congrats on that 24 hour chip - you earned it..

blessings, k
Old 07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ted, I learned something from this - now I really understand that the disease progresses and may be doing that even while we are sober. I always heard that and always took it seriously but it really hit home due to this episode you just had. And now like never before, I understand that when the disease gets to a certain point, we need help drying out, can't necessarily do it on our own any more. *Whew* Thanks to you keeping me in the loop with phone calls - and this site, which seems excellent - I learned more about our disease. I've always felt I can't take my sobriety for granted, gotta keep remembering that. It's scary but reality. -M
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ted ! Glad you made it back. Really.

In the 4 days I drank, I drank about a quart a day, around the clock, puking when I got up, whatever time of day or night and drinking more. Just constantly. I lost all control. The booze controlled me. Totally
There is no doubt in my mind what so ever that that is EXACTLY what would happentome....