Notices

Had a dream

Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Had a dream

I was really irritated and got increasingly frustrated about something yesterday. Back when I was drinking, any time I got frustrated the first thing that popped into my head was, "man i need a drink". Then of course it always led to me drinking WAY more than I needed to and you all know the story I'm sure. I just checked and it's been 102 days now since I stopped drinking. I've been doing really well, haven't had cravings, fleeting thoughts of alcohol, but nothing over powering. The last alcohol related dream I had was 4 months ago, which scared the hell out of me. Last night I had this really strange dream that I was being admitted into rehab with a lot of my family there that lives on the other side of the continent in Canada. I always find dreams like this really weird. I do know that if I were to start drinking again that's probably where I'd end up. I know that's normal, but you'd think that after a few months of no alcohol that you wouldn't be getting these reminders.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Carpe Diem

I suppose it is normal to have dreams like that, I have heard other people with more time speak about their dreams in the rooms. I have 28 days and I have using dreams all the time. I was told to expect them into my first year and possibly longer but that eventually they will fade. You are able to identify them and know them for what they are and what would happen if you started drinking again, so that's great!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

recovery is life changing - i can understand why folks continue to have the dreams. i struggled to get through college and STILL have the "i can't find the classroom for the final" dream..

it's good that you talk about them. that helps.

blessings, k
Old 07-17-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
and STILL have the "i can't find the classroom for the final" dream..
Odd but I stopped having the "can't find the classroom/didn't attend a class all semester" finals dreams shortly after I started recovery but it's been almost five years now and I still have using dreams now and then. And now that it's been four months without a cigarette, I'm starting to have smoking dreams. Go figure.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had drunk dreams for over a year wake up feeling terrible about throwing it all away. I been told this was part of healing I know they will scare the pee out of you,I think mine started somewhere around 30 days or so.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by baggervance View Post
they will scare the pee out of you
I think that's a good thing. It's helping me stay away from drinking.