Notices

Wow. Had a bad dream that I drank

Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow. Had a bad dream that I drank

What a horrible feeling. The dream took place at my grandmothers (she dieD a few years ago) and there was beer in her fridge. I looked down at my hands and realized I had been drinking a beer. Then after that, I was taking beer from the fridge and hiding them and drinking them as fast as I could.

NO MORE AFTERNOON NAPS FOR THIS GIRL!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by I_am_tj View Post
What a horrible feeling. The dream took place at my grandmothers (she dieD a few years ago) and there was beer in her fridge. I looked down at my hands and realized I had been drinking a beer. Then after that, I was taking beer from the fridge and hiding them and drinking them as fast as I could.

NO MORE AFTERNOON NAPS FOR THIS GIRL!

Hey, hey...this is completely normal. It happens to many of us in early recovery. Take as many naps as you want. Knowing what you have on your plate to deal with, I'm surprised you don't take more naps.

Stay cool TJ, the dreams are few and far between.

xxoo,
Ed
Old 03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ed xxoo,
I know they are normal to have. I wonder if the old boy puts those dreams in our heads on purpose just as a reminder of how guilt feels.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi TJ . It's only a dream as unnerving as I'm sure it was. It does not mean you have relapsed... or that you will. I wouldn't worry too much about it... but if it serves as a "negative" reminder then it's a good thing .
Old 03-08-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsy tears View Post
but if it serves as a "negative" reminder then it's a good thing .
Very true. I'll just look at it that way!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Spooky. Two people today posted about drinking dreams..and I too woke up this morning from a similar dream and was sooooooooo incredibly relieved it was just a dream.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so glad that we aren't alone with this stuff.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
outtahere

I also had a dream (the only beer dream I had) and I too was at my grandmas'. There was a little beer left in someones' glass and I drank it. Must be something about grandma's and I can tell alcohol runs in your family too.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

beats me???? I've always been interested in finding out what dreams mean. I still haven't bought any books in the subject thought. I know I've had some trippy dreams in my lifetime that stick with me to this day!!

Leeside......wow, too funny. ........And yep, my grandma was an alcoholic.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hya tj. It's horrible when a dream like that upsets you but the great thing about it is that it is just a dream and it didn't really happen. Our subconcious is great at letting us weigh stuff up in a safe place, such as in a dream. I gave up smoking 16 months ago and I still have the odd smoke in my dreams. I'm not ashamed to say that they are always the best cigarette I have ever had. I just laugh at it now but I felt so guilty at first. You see, our subconcious mind might drink and smoke but our concious mind can exercise a choice and that's the important thing.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I had one a little while back that I was drinking straight vodka while I was laying in bed with my wife, the weirdest part is I despise vodka, I am a beer person, but I would drink vodka if there was nothing else.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hi tj, what a weird dream but we've all had them, I can relate to it being at your nans house. If she was like my nan she would let me have what ever I wanted when I was there even if she knew I realy shouldn't have it. Infact tj it was my nan that gave me the money for that motorbike I told you about.

chris
Old 03-09-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
outtahere

addendum: I forgot I also got a gum infection from drinking in the dream that stayed with me for a while after I woke up, but it wasn't really an infection just felt like it.