Notices

Came to Believe 1-22-07

Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

Came to Believe 1-22-07

This is quick, I just had to put it out there.

Last night, I got to give my dad a 24 year chip at a meeting I go to pretty regularly. This is the first time in my adult life I've been able to have my dad at a meeting I go to pretty regularly and meet my friends. He'd been ill on his actual sobriety date, so I asked the CTB kids if I could give him a chip at our meeting.

It was one of the best moments of my sobriety. Talk about feeling grateful! Man oh man... So much love, for my dad, for sobriety, for my people, for that meeting, for the Big Guy... yeah. Good stuff.

Just wanted to share that, this stuff works! (if you work it. and you're worth it!)
Old 01-23-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Em,
How incredibly powerful that moment must have been! I'm so happy for your life, soul and sobriety affirming experience.
Bright and shiny blessings girlfriend.
T
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Wow!!! Emimily I am actually teared up just thinking about that! That is one of the greatest things about AA, you sharing that shows that AA works if you work it! I know a father and son who's 10 year anniversaries are one day apart and when his son picked up his ten year chip his brother gave him his, his brother had 12 years at the time.

Your dad is living proof that AA works if you work it.

I am not sure what to say more, I am pretty emotional right now and would love nothing more then to give you a big congradulatory hug!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

Thanks for your responses, I am so grateful to be able to share this experience with folks who know just how much it really REALLY means... so thanks, for being here and being you. Made my day, twice over.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

How special for your Dad and for you!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Girl...when you gave your dad his chip monday night, it made me tear up. my mom is getting her 17 year chip monday...you inspired me to give her hers at Pilgram. She gave me my 30 day.
It's great y'all can be sober together
Jenn
Old 01-24-2007, 03:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Things like this are what makes AA such a great deal, if there is any other fellowship like it or recovery program I would love to hear about it.

There is nothing like picking up the phone and having 18 years of sobriety on the other end to help me out when I need it, or going to a meeting and drawing upon the hope, strength and expereince of some folks with over 30 years of sobriety.