Notices

Day 4 ..

Old 01-04-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PGH

Day 4 ..

Hello all !

New guy here I am on day 4 I have not drank since new years.. Yesterday I spent the day getting blood work done as my stomach is swollen and Hard they thought I may ahve had panreitis but ended up being Gastritis and I do have elevated Liver stats in the blood test so I have to quit drinking . With out realizing it since my stomach was bugging me I have not drank since new years so this is day 4 I really have not had any symptoms of withdrawl which suprises me i would drink 4 to 8 beers a night 6 days week with some nights being alot more... so do you guys think I am out of the woods with the physical side ? I know I have a looong way to go on the mental side and will start going to meetings I am 30 and have a long life to live and the DR scared me enough to stay drink free...

PGH
Old 01-04-2007, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi amd Welcome!

It's super to see a new member seeking a sober life.

As to why you are not having more discomfort from
withdrawal...I have no idea.
Consider yourself fortunate...Hugs

Keep moving forward...you too can recover

Blessings
Old 01-04-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

PGH...Welcome to SR...

Congratulations on your 4 days...

I would write down a list of questions and explain your situation to your Doctor...

You are making the smart decision to stop drinking, as that is more than likely the root of your health problems...

There is nothing more important than your health, both physically and mentally...

Better safe than sorry...

Stay Strong and Positive...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 01-04-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats to your decision and your resolve for lasting four days. Its going to get better and better, believe me. You have got so many beautiful years ahead of you which might have been ruined by the deadly drinking routine.

Now, you are on the recovery path and each morning, you are going to witness all those meaning and beauty that life carries that you never cared to look for.

Allow little time for your body to adjust and meanwhile eat well and drink plenty of water.

Keep coming here, keep posting and keep reading.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
PGH

Thanks for all the kind words .. bad thing is on top of all the dr stuff yesterday I think I am getting a cold =( ... I guess this is a great wake up call from someone bigger than I .. why else would this all happen the first week fo 2007 and the 2 nd month of being 30
Old 01-04-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Congrats on the sober time. That's awesome.

Peace, LEvi
Old 01-04-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ditto on the congrats.

.... I guess this is a great wake up call from someone bigger than I .. why else would this all happen the first week fo 2007 ......
God gets us here one way or another, if we listen.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes Glass. I remember reading something like this.

Alcohol doesnt take away your sorrow, it doesnt fill psychological gaps, it just replaces everything with the absence of god.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Welcome to ST PGH, glad to see you post this:
I know I have a looong way to go on the mental side and will start going to meetings I am 30 and have a long life to live and the DR scared me enough to stay drink free...
I would suggest calling the AA hotline in your area and see if you can hook up with someone to go to your first meeting with. As a newcomer walking into an AA meeting can be scary and/or very confusing, having someone take you or meet you there can be a tremendous help, that way if you have any questions you will already have someone you can ask.

I drank for 40 years and thanks to AA and my HP I have been sober for 109 days now, I am happier then I have been in 30 years and have no urge to drink at all. Hang around and keep us all posted as to your progress.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
PGH

Well it is day 5 . Last night I had a rough time sleeping as I have a cold now but other than that I am doing okay. Someone had told me to go to AA well I talked to my neighbor as they both go they were at one time forced to go because of a DUI but they stuck to it so they told me where they are at I have a many choices by me to go to one so I will check it out ...
Made my apt for a follow up with the DR again will see how that goes ...

PGH
Old 01-05-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you!!

Blessings
Old 01-05-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sofoclese View Post
Yes Glass. I remember reading something like this.

Alcohol doesnt take away your sorrow, it doesnt fill psychological gaps, it just replaces everything with the absence of god.
Actually, my personal belief is He is always there, just drinking prohibits us from seeing Him in action. We lose that "conscious contact"

Sorry to hijack.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi PGH!
I am on DAY 5 and I have a cold too. Could it be that this is part of the bodies detox process or is it just that we are perhaps run down? Hmmm...

Best of luck, my friend. Onwards to a glorious and sober weekend. XXX

PS: Fantastic quote (above). Thanks!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
PGH

Well it is sunday and I have not drank so this is day 7 . This weekend was not that bad as I have been very busy taking down the Holiday stuff and cleaning(wife likes the help) and playing with the new TV ... Going to a hockey game today that may be a test as I am use to drinking it up ... but the wife is with me so she will make sure I do not ...