Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Entering 10th year of waking up wishing I didn't drink

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

10th shot or more on a Mon night. I don't wanna do this anymore.

I just typed a whole paragraph that I erased. I can't even explain. I think maybe I get addicted to sleeping pills instead. Mom said they're ok. I did 3 instead of 1 and I'm still here.

If this is my last, I want to say, I love you Kim and Anna. I love you, I wish I could have been the one. I hope he is the man you always wanted. I wish I'd been. I'm tired of waking up sick, tired of waking with your bad dreams when I know you were loved and fine. Your bad dreams are gone but I still have them for you. Guess I'm just weak. I can't do this anymore. It takes me years to get over the pain. I wish. I really do.

Love you,
My Real Name (Not Mark)
Old 11-07-2006, 12:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just coming here is reaching out in the right direction. I don't know your story or where you live--but whatever your diagnosis or location, there should be a suicide hotline or local AA in your area. Call them now. They should be able to refer you to help. Get help now--you are worth it!!! If you have a friend, call him/her to come help you with it. Keep on posting!!!

Oh... and read this -

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-suicidal.html

You are a valuable and worthwhile person. No matter how bad you feel right now, it can and will get better.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Mark....

This is your post from earlier this morning..

The choice you made today doesn't mean you have to make the same choice tomorrow. Hang in there. We all screw up. That doesn't mean you have to keep on screwing up. Every once in a while I'll be watching tv while holding an unopened bottle of (gasoline) vodka. It's amazing how many hours I can hold it before opening it. Sometimes I don't, sometimes I do. The only difference is my hand twisting the cap. Sometimes I go to bed sober. I wake up feeling great. When I open the bottle, well... same as always. I've heard this attributed to many people in different ways. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You know what will happen if you drink. What if... you didn't drink for a week and decided to learn another language. Spanish, Japenese, Sign language something that made the world a smaller place. What if it sparked your curiosity and you stopped drinking because you knew it stopped your learning. What if every day you picked up a book and learned something challenging instead of devoting hours to listening to the same sad songs. I wish I could be of help. I've wasted years. I really wish I could have learned from the mistakes of others. It would have saved so much time. I hope you get better. The world can be an incredible place but you have to stop poisoning yourself. Alcholol is poison. No matter what flavor. I REALLY hope you get better but you have to know one thing first. YOU CAN STOP. FOREVER. Sometimes you need a purpose. Help others. Keep posting. I hope I read about you resisting temptation. I hope I read about your 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc. You don't have to relapse. You control every moment. Please make the most of them. We don't all have to same amount. DON'T GIVE UP!!!
I give it back to you as you said it better than I could!
There is healing and there is hope
Don't give up!!

I so appreciated your PM...
Blessings and Mega Hugs