Notices

Fellowship

Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Fellowship

Went to a convention in Truro - Cornwall, England yesterday.

Fantastic day out. Drove with another member the hour and half and had some real meaty sharing on the way. Mini meeting in the Nissan - wish I could start all my days like that.

I loved the fellowship at the place. It was a shared platform with Al-anon and the speaking and sharing were fantastic. All different people, all shapes, sizes, races, creeds, ages and all there with a common purpose. To get and stay well.

AA is helping me in ways today that I never thought possible at first. A HUGE support system to which I can give and take freely. To be able to bond with people who suffer with the same condition and who are seeking the same goal is a Godsend. I was sceptical at first - as I've always been an "individual". But when it comes to recovery I can see being too much of an "individual" is not only a lonely pursuit, it is dangerous. The more I work at sobriety, the more I can see that trying to be different and unique was helping to keep me sick.

Have a great 24
much love
JC
Old 05-30-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((((JaySee)))))))))
Helping me too. And my way instead of the AA way can be dangerous indeed.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know JC... I have been finding out the same darn thing.
Getting out of self has been very good medicine for my uniqueness.
:e02b
Glad you had a good time
Old 05-30-2005, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Glad that you had a good time there.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaySee
Went to a convention in Truro - Cornwall, England yesterday.

Fantastic day out. Drove with another member the hour and half and had some real meaty sharing on the way. Mini meeting in the Nissan - wish I could start all my days like that.

I loved the fellowship at the place. It was a shared platform with Al-anon and the speaking and sharing were fantastic. All different people, all shapes, sizes, races, creeds, ages and all there with a common purpose. To get and stay well.

AA is helping me in ways today that I never thought possible at first. A HUGE support system to which I can give and take freely. To be able to bond with people who suffer with the same condition and who are seeking the same goal is a Godsend. I was sceptical at first - as I've always been an "individual". But when it comes to recovery I can see being too much of an "individual" is not only a lonely pursuit, it is dangerous. The more I work at sobriety, the more I can see that trying to be different and unique was helping to keep me sick.

Have a great 24
much love
JC
That is fantastic mate. I am from London - regular at Hinde Street.

Too give and take freely - that is a very nice and true way of putting it.

Wish you all the best on your journey.