Notices

getting away from AA

Old 05-16-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Out of the mouth of babes!

Originally Posted by sobatoday
hi everyone
Lots of good imput. am feeling better. It is amazing how just attendance at a few extra meetings changes my outlook. What was I sweating anyway?! I agree with what people have been saying. I am a person who needs at least a few meetings a week. I need to remember where I came from and to be around like minded people in recovery. I need the fellowship. Also, it is important to attend meetings just to show others that the program works.
Thanks to AA I have a full and healthy life. So balance is important.
Just need to be reminded once in awhile. I have alcoholism, not alcohol-wasim.
Love in recovery sobatoday
EXCELLENT POST!!! You kinda said it all, soba, and my hat is off to you. You and I will be in those meetings giving our support....rather than watching a foul T.V. show!

Thanks for keeping it simple.
Wilky
Old 05-16-2005, 07:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Wilky
As a newbie to AA/NA...only 5.5 months...I can't tell you how awesome it is to see all those folks with double digit sobriety coming back everyday. Something about their consistency and devotion makes me feel like I am really "home"....for the first time in my life. They don't even have to say anything. Sometimes it is just a smile and "hey kiddo how ya doin?".... it means alot to me and has been a big part of my little bit of sobriety....

let them eat cake

Tanya (i'm new at the whole SR thing too )
Old 05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Music,

I want to go to meetings but, I need to go as well. I hear a newcommer and it keep my mind fresh. I don't hear the newcommers that come in voluntarily telling how good it was. I do see the court appointed ones coming in because of back problems!!!!

QUOTE:
I don't go to meetings to be asked to sponsor people. In the beginning, I went to meetings to save my ass. Now I go to meetings because I "want" to go, not because I "need" to go.

LOL When, I don't want to go to a meeting, it's because I really do need a meeting. I'm isolating
Old 05-17-2005, 01:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry for going on about extremes etc.

I love AA with my whole heart and everyone in it - even those who I dont agree with.

Meetings are the ONLY place for us, I think. They are beauty personified.

Extremists may help some, may not others but at the end of the day we all want to see people get sober.

Great to hear your going back to the meetings.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

((((((((SobaToday))))))))))))

How things going today?

I used to think I had to go to A.A. then the psychic change set in and I realized -

I "get" to go ....................... for me, for you, for US.