Notices

Good & Bad

Old 04-11-2005, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Good & Bad

I think I am coming off that "Pink Cloud"! Today was a ****** 17th day of sobriety. I had a crappy day, then I cried like a baby in the meeting. However, I did manage to get an awesome sponsor who told me she would be my sponsor for 90 days, so that is the good part.
Any Texans out there know about a conference in Ft, Davis Tx this weekend? I am just wondering what the heck an AA conference is.
Thanks, it's good to have this board to go along with my meetings. Yall are great here.
Thanks,
Kelli
March 26, 2005 Dry Date
Old 04-11-2005, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

oh gosh kelli aa conferences are lot of fun!!! i have been to one out here in my area (michigan) you'll love it. make sure you make it for the open talk they are usually great speakers!!! and yes not every day is going to be on cloud nine however remember even as the pink cloud fades... things will still be getting better!!! nov 22nd soberity date
Old 04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Laredo, Texas here..

kelli take a look at pg 52 middle paragraph in the Big Book and ask yourself if you have experienced any of that SOBER..

it also describes a life run on self will..later on you get to see that selfishness and self centerdness (and not the alcohol) is the root of ALL our troubles..By the way anyone who has brainwashed you into believeing there is such a thing as a "coming off a pink cloud" is asleep to the reality that a "pink cloud" is God's Grace..

most people who are still sick wanna make you feel sick too because if you recover then it threatens their comfort and sometimes they may even tell you that you CAN'T RECOVER from the disease of alcoholism..that you will "always be recovering"..

don't buy into it, at least not unless you wanna get taken past what you feel right now..It's good to feel the way you feel now..It would be scarier for you to feel nothing..Anyone who comes into AA with high self esteem is probably a sociopath we can't help them..take time to enjoy the pain and suffering..
Just cause it feels bad does not mean its bad..and just cause it feels good does not mean its good
Old 04-11-2005, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

Conferences are THE place to recharge (or charge) your batteries (your recovery batteries). You will feel envigorated to go forth and work a great program.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
one day at a time

Kelli I know how you are feeling, (((hugs))) it stinks huh? All part of learning to live a life without false escapism etc which for me, is what AA is so good for, helping me to learn to live *normally*

It will get better I promise. Keep it in the day, today is crap well okay then but that doesn't mean tomorrow will be. Tomorrow is a whole new day, kwim?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi

Kelli...

I love to go to large AA gatherings...Conferences Roundups Assemblies Conventions Retreats They are full of the zeal of recovery! I was at a Womens 12 Step Workshop this past weekend. 300 women all with 1 goal...Awesome!

whatsup said it for me. My daaily connection to God is the base for my joy. Pink Cloud is not in my vocabulary.

If I am having a crappy day...I can start it over with prayer.
Then I swing back to what is important..Sobriety!!

You are doing so well Kelli! I am proud of your progress.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi Kelli, A confrence is where a bunch of drunks get together and have a sober fun time. they have meetings and a main speaker with a dinner and well it's just cleen fun. Be Cool. BikerBill8