Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism-12 Step Support
Reload this Page >

Why do people use the Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions to go through the steps

Notices

Why do people use the Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions to go through the steps

Old 07-11-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Pagekeeper View Post
............That's not in the BB, but it felt spiritual and useful for this person and their natural way of processing information......
One of my prayers needs to be "Keep me open to new avenues of seeking You." As open as I am, I still find I'm often closed off to new and possibly more effective ways of doing things. So many times I want to force MY way, or what I think is THE way, onto others. The end result when I do this - I'm LESS effective in my role as carrying any sort of useful message.

I dig what you two did together.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This topic is kinda interesting to me. In cape cod they only used the BB and that was where I started in AA. However, I relocated with my job to Pittsburgh and most teach from the 12x12. there are even meetings that they consider step meetings where they read the step from the 12x12 and discuss. I once asked why they don't really use the BB to work the steps like I was used to from MA. I was told that the BB is too difficult to understand and when they were new to sobriety they couldn't comprehend the language of the BB. they needed the simplicity of 12x12. I just chalked it up to regional difference, but I definitely prefer approaching step work from the BB.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I know a few of those Cape Cod big bookers,good people