Notices

I ran across these. Old notes from my first 6-12 months.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I ran across these. Old notes from my first 6-12 months.

Wanted to share!!

big book quotes

I'm still mystified by how I got sober, and the only answer that makes sense is that I stopped drinking through the grace of God. I was thinking about the difference between those of us who get sober and those who are still drinking, and I believe the difference is that we have accepted the grace that was offered. Every day, my Higher Power gives me the grace to be sober, and every day I make the choice not to drink, to accept the grace.

" I like to think that, if sobriety is God's gift to me, then my sober life is my gift to God. I hope God is as happy with His gift as I am with mine.

Believe in yourself. Getting sober and staying sober takes serious guts - you are brave and strong and true. -

*~*~*~*~* I hope I don’t offend anyone with the praryer below.. not my intentions!~*~*~*~*

AA HUMILITY PRAYER

Dear God,

Help me to be compassionate when I want to get angry, judgmental or self-righteous.
Let me have mercy and love in my heart as you have been to me. I remember that I did nothing to give me this beautiful life you have given me today. I was a broken down useless man who had no will to live. Yet, you led me into AA and enabled to find the way I have always been looking for to enjoy a better life, a happy life, a life I would look forward to every day. And that I have through your mercy, been given such happiness that I could only remember having when I was a child. Please God, may I be as merciful and as loving to others as you have been to me.

My God, forgive me for I have been self righteous, uncompromising, and uncompassionate to my brother. Humble me and lead me in Your Way so that I can be an example of Your Way of Love!

Thank you Lord,

Auto signature of my sponsor..funny

-As WE Continue the AA Process of PRAYER & Meditation , WE Will Find More Serenity,More Tolerance, Less Fear, Less Anger and Recovery From a Former SELF!!

-'Do Not Ask the Lord to Guide Your Footsteps if YOU Are Not Willing to Move Your Feet!! Spiritual Progress is NOT What Gets US Sober, IT'S What Keeps US Sober!!

-Be Yourself, Everyone Else is TAKEN!! OUT of SELF Into GOD & OTHERS !! WE Cannot Keep This Priceless Gift Unless WE Give IT Away !!

-The Greatest Enemies of US Alcoholics are Resentment, Jealousy, Envy, Frustration,and Fear.
An Alcoholic is in NO Greater Peril than When They Take Their Sobriety for Granted !!

-Every Day,There's Something More to Learn When WE Listen. aka:Two Ears-One Mouth !! "The Most Valuable of ALL Talents is Never Using TWO Words When ONE Will Do." !
"You can observe a lot by watching."

-WARNING: Alcohol May Make YOU Think YOU are Whispering When You are Not.