Notices

Sponsors

Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Have you considered calling your friend who released and ask them if they'd like to grab a cup of coffee? Sound like she could use your help now - maybe take her to a meeting with ya.
I actually ran into my previous sponsor today at a meeting and got to talk with her! I wasn't sure if she was going to come back in the program but we will certainly remain friends and I will def be reaching out. She was there for me for 7 months and I plan to be there for her also.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I heard something at a meeting today that did strike me... Don't look what you can get out of someone but look at what you can do for someone. I needed that reminder. I'm naturally selfish and I can get in my own head if someone isn't doing something I want... when I need to turn my attention to others that need my help. Learning process!! Everything I go thru in AA is a new experience as this is my first time really going thru this program. Sponsors or not god will guide me. That's the most important. I have to let go of the day and let God.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well I tried again last night to call my sponsor with no answer or call back. I made the decision to move on and ask someone else. It was really hard for me to let that person know I was going to move on but this is my recovery and I have to do what is best for me. I'm super excited about my new sponsor. They are very respected and I think we will get along just fine!!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linz805 View Post
. I'm naturally selfish .
EVERYONE on this site is! We're all smart in a special way too.. My newbie advice is: Don't try and rely on just one person.. I've got my "reach out before picking up" numbers and then I have my "step work" people.., I, honestly, do not think I could ever sponsor someone, even worse,multiple people. I talk/have lunch with some 40+yr guys..do my 'work' with some 2-10yr guys...talk to CLOSE family and friends when I need,ect.. It's my weight to carry, is my approach. Glad you're here!