Notices

Reality

Old 12-05-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reality

At an early morning meeting today, part of the topic had to do with letting go of fantasy and living in reality. It immediately made me think of how many hours in active addiction were spent fantasizing I was this person or in that position, relationship, or financial status. The range went from the rich and famous to my best friend. Never was I satisfied with my reality. A covetous self-pity state of affairs that lead to the only outcome possible, depression.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I fantasized of being someone else. For the first time that I can remember, I truly love being myself and don't wish to trade with anyone. One of those gifts I wouldn't have expected to get by setting down the weapons of self-destruction I clutched for dear life.

God, thank you for giving me a humble love of the man in the mirror.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good post Michael ,yeah love God, love yourself , love your fellowman .

Reality , heard it said that '' reality was an illusion caused by lack of alcohol '' .
Stevie
Old 12-06-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You made me realize that too by posting that. I used to fantasize about so much stuff it was unreal. Another sign that those 12 steps are doing something to my life.