Notices

7 days sober

Old 11-22-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days sober

Day one was hard but I got threw it. Day two I was supposed to work with my brother at 7:00 am waited to 8:15 he was late hes an alcoholic and drinks at work. So I said I had a nuff of this and drove to outpatient rehab my first step. I had four years before and that was three years ago. Day four went to Bible study after only going a half a dozen times in three years. I told my Pastor my delemia and he laid hands on me and prayed for me I haven"t craved a drink since. But that will ware of it i don"t get into action. day six sit with the old timers Carol 36 years sober said to the table Jason struggling let"s do step one it helped me so much the step you have to do for yourself and a 100%. When I got in my car I had a little tear in my eye that these people would gear a hole meeting towards me. I've been going to one or two meetings a day. I know the big book very well. Used to go to a group were we take a word or sentence and connect iot together. Plus I have read it plenty of times. But still I couldn't stay sober past three days. I did make all my amends fincial and personal during those four years. I'd pray in the morning still drink I'd go to a meeting and drink after I'd talk to someone on the phone from aa then go drink. I never stopped going to meetings all threw the three years, But I was warned my aa buddy said you are recovered Jason I can tell but this was around two and a half years he said I notice the last six months you had a selfish program. You quit chairing and setting up meetings and helping others you can't keep this up you have to do something to help others in aa or outside aa if you don't you will relapse a year and a half later I did. I'm praying for willingness humility and the help to take action.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on yr week Dsmaxis

D
Old 11-23-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

way to go on a week, dsmaxis.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations on a week DS
I am glad that you are working it.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Made my day!!! One day at a time!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!! Kudos to you!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good on you,
Don't ever give up. i admire your persistence.
Respect
Caihong