Notices

Curse or blessing?

Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Curse or blessing?

So I made a post about the heroin epidemic in my area and I hate to say it but in the grand scheme of things I think it might be a blessing rather than a curse. People who are not addicts but who have friends and family who are addicts have started to seek out solutions. They have been trying to understand addiction/recovery and they seem interested in trying alternative methods of dealing with addicts instead of just locking them up. Up until recently most people in my area had vary little experience with addiction and the war on drugs was something that they only read about in the news paper. It was something the mostly only happened in ghettos of large cities. However, now the war of drugs is a war on their own loved ones and they don't like it. Now there is many people in my area who seem interested in trying more progressive methods of dealing with drugs use as it has gotten obvious that the criminal injustice system is incapable of doing it. The think this epidemic may lead to positive things after all is said and done. I posted something about a group in my area that I had a resentment against because they kept preaching the war on drugs. Well it looks like they are changing their tune because their war on drugs rhetoric made them really unpopular with a lot of people.