Notices

**Daily Recovery Quotes – August 9**

Old 08-10-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

**Daily Recovery Quotes – August 9**

August 9

AA ‘Big Book’ – Quote

Alcoholics who have derided religious people will be helped by such contacts. Being possessed of a spiritual experience, the alcoholic will find he has much in common with these people, though he may differ with them on many matters. If he does not argue about religion, he will make new friends and is sure to find new avenues of usefulness and pleasure. He and his family can be a bright spot in such congregations. He may bring new hope and new courage to many a priest, minister, or rabbi, who gives his all to minister to our troubled world. We intend the foregoing as a helpful suggestion only. So far as we are concerned, there is nothing obligatory about it. As non-demominational people, we cannot make up others’ mind for them. Each individual should consult his own conscience. – Pgs. 131-132 – The Family Afterward

Hour To Hour – Book – Quote

When people stop and find excuses for not going to 90 meetings in 90 days, ‘I can’t find enough time.’, then they really aren’t ready to let go of their disease. Is it more important of us to watch TV, talk on the phone, and complain then take that hour for our sobriety?

My Spiritual Source helps me value what will save my life and sanity.

Self Importance

I will get my mind off of the treadmill. There is more to life than my worries and obsessions. Just for today I won’t give every little thing more importance than it deserves. In the scheme of things, all of my petty annoyances aren’t all that important. I don’t have to take them so seriously that they disturb my inner peace. When I am constantly preoccupies with all that’s wrong, I forget to remember all that’s right. Self importance is different from valuing myself. Self importance gets me tied up in mental knots, valuing myself is nourishing and loving.

I will get out of my own way today

– Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor – Book – Quote

We find that the smallest deed is better than the grandest intention.

My actions speak louder than words. What are my actions saying now

“Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book” – Book

Keeping their secret keeps you sick.

Time for Joy – Book – Quote

Today I know my Higher Power is guiding me through the changes I choose to make in my life.

I have all the energy I need today to make these changes as easily and effortless as I wish.

Alkiespeak – Book – Quote

No big shots in AA; One shot and we’re all shot. – Unknown origin. ( Aussie Version ); No seniority here. One drink and back to the vomit, – Campsie Mick.

Today's thought from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Self-pity in its early stages is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.
--Maya Angelou

Some days we grasp at self-pity like a blanket on a cold night, and we are momentarily comforted. However, extended periods of self-pity will undermine our primary purpose, which is to be at peace with ourselves and others so that we may know freedom from our addictions. Thus our self-pity prevents us from carrying a message of hope to fellow sufferers, that they too can find release from their suffering through the Twelve Steps.

Staying clean and sober are gifts available to all of us when we cultivate gratitude. We can be grateful for this program that has brought manageability and serenity to our life, and that leaves us little room for self-pity, anger, or impatience. Our mind will be willing and open to receive God's guidance and support when we let go of our self-pity.