Notices

Demonstration

Old 02-28-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Demonstration

It is when I walk through overwhelming fear, tragedy, mayhem, and worst of all, newly unmasked emotions, that I come to see just how well this program works. If I am working it. Occurrences I once upon a time saw as a senseless barrage of Divine ill will directed towards me, is now a demonstration of Power. A demonstration of faith. A demonstration of trust. There is meaning behind it. Growth.

When I can see my problems in this light, in the moment, I have found peace with the world. And by extension peace within.

It is this clarity I pray for today.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Michaelg -

I have found in reading - specifically Oswald Chambers - that not everything we are part of is meant for us at all. This I find intriguing. Events happen in front of us which have nothing whatsoever to do with US!

Remarkably refreshing, for me......
Always appreciate your posts
Old 02-28-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
There is meaning behind it.

It is this clarity I pray for today.
i still struggle at times with the "meaning" behind some of the s-h-i-t we must all wade through in this life.
i thank God for my willingness to continue to strive to find some meaning..
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Clarity is the gift that leads to transformation for me, and I for one need and desire to be transformed.

It has been through adversity that I have grown the most spiritually, have become the most open-minded and willing to see, change, explore.

The AA Program has taught me how to be an introspective truth seeker. I have the ability to live in the world with some peace today. Daily living - the hardest thing I have ever done.

AA Step and Tradition work, and many of the members I have developed relationships with - has taught me how to be faithful to a set of principles or a moral compass that I can abide by. It is for me.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

It is when I walk through overwhelming fear, tragedy, mayhem, and worst of all, newly unmasked emotions, that I come to see just how well this program works.
It is when I walk through overwhelming fear, tragedy, mayhem, and worst of all, newly unmasked emotions (from the perspective of a student rather than from the perspective of a victim), that I come to see just how well this program works.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flynbuy View Post
Michaelg - I have found in reading - specifically Oswald Chambers - that not everything we are part of is meant for us at all. This I find intriguing. Events happen in front of us which have nothing whatsoever to do with US! Remarkably refreshing, for me...... Always appreciate your posts
I will have to take a look at what you are citing. Always willing to indulge in something contrary to personal belief.

But I would have to disagree in a certain sense. I believe that if I am seeing or experiencing something, it is absolutely meant to be for me. Otherwise, it would not be happening to/in front of me. But, you have me intrigued. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
Clarity is the gift that leads to transformation for me, and I for one need and desire to be transformed. It has been through adversity that I have grown the most spiritually, have become the most open-minded and willing to see, change, explore. The AA Program has taught me how to be an introspective truth seeker. I have the ability to live in the world with some peace today. Daily living - the hardest thing I have ever done. AA Step and Tradition work, and many of the members I have developed relationships with - has taught me how to be faithful to a set of principles or a moral compass that I can abide by. It is for me.
Love this. Thanks for helping me say what I meant.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
I will have to take a look at what you are citing. Always willing to indulge in something contrary to personal belief.

But I would have to disagree in a certain sense. I believe that if I am seeing or experiencing something, it is absolutely meant to be for me. Otherwise, it would not be happening to/in front of me. But, you have me intrigued. Thanks.
Some things are only meant to make us useful in His hands ...ones ego believes all things are intended for us ....

Partakers of His Suffering | My Utmost For His Highest