Notices

Twenty Four Hours A Day 7/17/2014

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty Four Hours A Day 7/17/2014

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

Gossip about or criticism of personalities has no place in an A.A. clubroom. Every man in A.A. is a brother and every woman is a sister, as long as he or she is a member of A.A. We ought not to gossip about the relationships of any man or woman in the group. And if we say about another member, "I think she or he is taking a few drinks on the side," it's the worst thing we could do to that person. If a woman or a man is not living up to A.A. principles or has a slip, it's up to her or him to stand up in a meeting and say so. If they don't do that, they are only hur ting themselves. Do I talk about other members behind their backs?

Meditation for the Day

To God, a miracle of change in a person's life is only a natural happening. But it is a natural happening operated by spiritual forces. There is no miracle in personalities too marvelous to be an everyday happening. But miracles happen only to those who are fully guided and strengthened by God. Marvelous changes in people's natures happen so simply, and yet they are free from all other agencies than the grace of God. But these miracles have been prepared for by days and months of longing for something better. They are always accompanied by a real desire to conquer self and to surrender one's life to God.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may expect miracles in the lives of people. I pray that I may be used to help people change.
Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Gossip about or criticism of personalities

that reminds me of a big book step study meeting I attended tonight.
Argument and fault finding must be avoided like the plague.

when I look at fault finding,I can easily find it in others before I can in myself.
If I want to start a fight,I can just crank up my fault finding mind.Then criticism and gossip always follow.
I fight everyone and everything,if only in my mind.
When I see the good instead of the faults,then my peace rises,and I start to get well,and that helps me stop fighting everyone and everything,and peace keeps coming.I can once again see the good in people and in the world.Then I am a much more Happier Alcoholic.My relationships are much better also.

ty