Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 5/10/13

Old 05-10-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 5/10/13

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

One thing that keeps me sober is a feeling of loyalty to the other members of the group. I know I'd be letting them down if I ever took a drink. When I was drinking, I wasn't loyal to anybody. I should have been loyal to my family, but I wasn't. I let them down by my drinking. When I came into A.A., I found a group of people who were not only helping each other to stay sober, but who were loyal to each other by staying sober themselves. Am I loyal to my group?

Meditation for the Day

Calmness is constructive of good. Agitation is destructive of good. I should not rush into action. I should first "be still and know that He is God." Then I should act only as God directs me through my conscience. Only trust, perfect trust in God, can keep me calm when all around me are agitated. Calmness is trust in action. I should seek all things that can help me to cultivate calmness. To attain material things, the world learns to attain speed. To attain spiritual things, I have to learn to attain a state of calm.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may learn how to have inner peace. I pray that I may be calm, so that God can work through me.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 05-10-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What an important message for me, the recovering "human doing!!"
Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I would dispute the thought of the day in regards to the motivation or the sustaining force behind my recovery. Loyalty to the group is one thing, important in a home group obviously, and to AA in general. I am loyal to the group in the meeting I am sitting in that moment, regardless if it's the first time I've been there or I've been there hundreds of times.

But I don't not drink because of my homegroup. I drank out of shame, amongst other things, but I don't not drink out of shame either. My connection to the Creator, through working the steps, is what keeps me sober, not because I would feel that I let my homegroup down or disappoint others. I know I would disappoint others, but I disappointed them countless times with my drinking, and that never stopped me in the past. It's in communion with the Creator and working with others that ensures my immunity to alcohol.

I loved the line "calmness is trust in action" - so very true
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree Paul, I was talking about calmness and inner peace, I find thru my relationship with my HP!! "BE still and know that I am God!!"
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Oh sorry Kathleen - I wasn't responding to your post directly - I hope it didn't come across that way! Yes, the calmness and inner peace are quite important, aren't they?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Remain Undisturbed", Sandy B.