Notices

In God's Care 2/15/2013

Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Arrow In God's Care 2/15/2013

That ain't no way to find out why a snorer can't hear himself snore. ~ Mark Twain

We are sometimes the last to know when we are offending people. Some of our offensive personality traits, in fact, may be unknown to us. That's why it is not always easy to be "entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character."

Our attitude must be " what we don't know can hurt us," if we are hurting others. We become more aware of our shortcomings ~ both known and unknown ~ as we grow in the program and hear others speak of their shortcomings. But our success in losing our faults will be in direct proportion to our willingness. God will surely remove our defects, but in relation to our willingness to have them removed.

I'm not always aware of my faults, but I'm willing to learn what they are and ask my Higher Power to remove them.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I am not real sure about this reading because in a way I feel like it is a cop out saying I don't know when I am saying or doing something that hurts or offends someone. I know when I say something or do something that is not loving or spiritual. So maybe I jus can't relate to this or maybe I read it wrong?
In any event great reading
Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

I'm sure I have some offensive tendencies. Yes, I know, hard to believe. I'm very sarcastic and short with people when I don't mean to be. It's part of who I am. But I can consciously become aware, in my situation, of when something is appropriate to say or not. Whether saying something nice or not saying something at all is what I have to do.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I see the reading as perhaps speaking to the things that cling on to unconsciously. It's not that I don't have any power over them, it's just that I don't see them! Like you Fern, I have a tendency to use my words in a cutting way at times...and it's like the words are out before I can censor them, or think about it first. It's an old defensive mechanism. Doesn't excuse me, but it's something that I pray to be removed. I ask that my words be used to build up rather than tear down. And in praying for it and being aware of it, I have been able to really reel in the way I speak, and as a result, the way I think. But it happens now and then. Yikes.

I just pray to be willing, especially when it comes to those old ones that cling on to me.