Notices

The Film: Flight, Denzel Washington

Old 08-19-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have seen it. I was still drinking when I did. I rented it and I had a major drunk the night before and never watched it. I passed out and then woke up at 2am. I was still drunk and poured myself a strong drink and figured WTH, I might was well watch this movie since I paid for it. I had no clue what it was about other than a plane crash.

I think it was one, out of the many, taps on the shoulder. For most of the movie I could not or did not want to relate. The fridge scene drove it home. I have never been in that characters situation or anything that dramatic in my life but I know, without a even a smidgen of doubt, that I would have done the exact same thing. Hands down!

I have not seen it since I have been sober. I was going to rent it a couple times but I can't seem to make myself do it. I get upset and start shaking. I am not sure why. I am sure at some point I will find the courage to do so, just not yet.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I thought Denzel was excellent and the fridge scene in particular was phenomenal.

But, I didn't care for the way the movie "skipped ahead" at the end. And I REALLY didn't like how the John Goodman character was played for laughs. Um, he was a drug dealer in a movie about addiction. That is funny, why??
Old 08-19-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I was sober just several days or a couple weeks, had no idea what it was about. I was fascinated. My husband kept asking if I wanted to leave, but I was glued to the seat; waiting to see how it would all play out!!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
LDT

I hear ya, Kathleen. I took my husband with me to see it when I was several months sober, not really telling him what it was about. After the movie he said to me "Did you know what the movie was about going in?" When I said "Yes" he said " And you were OK with that?" Again " YES". My favorite scene was at the end, when Denzel was in prison, speaking to other inmates, talking about how he'd never been "freer" in his entire life.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Veritas
I think I'll watch it this week.