Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/3/2013

Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 1/3/2013

*~*~*~*^TwentyFourHoursADay^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

When I came into A.A., I learned what an alcoholic was and then I applied this knowledge to myself to see if I was an alcoholic. When I was convinced that I was an alcoholic, I admitted it openly. Since then, have I been learning to live accordingly? Have I read the book Alcoholics Anonymous? Have I applied the knowledge gained to myself Have I admitted openly that I am an alcoholic? Am I ready to admit it at any time when I can be of help?

Meditation for the Day

I will be renewed. I will be remade. In this, I need God's help. His spirit shall flow through me and, in flowing through me, it shall sweep away all the bitter past. I will take heart. The way will open for me. Each day will unfold something good, as long as I am trying to live the way I believe God wants me to live.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be taught, just as a child would be taught. I pray that I may never question God's plans, but accept them gladly.

(Twenty-Four Hours A Day) Hazelden Foundation 2013

Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

an encouraging post. I'm glad AA was able to help you.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I have to remain teachable if I want to continue to grow. The moment I come to the table with a closed mind, I stop growth and healing. I can't do God's work if I am closed to His will by my own wishes and self will. I take the lessons and they come, at any time and in any guise. It is when I look back do I see that I have been growing, and that keeps me in a state of readiness and open-mindedness.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Paul, I enjoy you comments about the readings a lot. Thank you for participating.

Thought - When I came into AA, I found it easy to admit I was an alcoholic. Was I ready to do anything about it was a different story. I did not realize it at the time, but rI subconsciously wanted to steps to work for me, but didn't want to kill my disease yet, because that would mean I essentially wouldn't drink anymore, and I wanted to drink still. I was that way for a long time.

I guess I can see progress comparing the past to the present situation in that I am actively doing the footwork. Into ACTION really means something to me now. I will openly I admit I am an alcoholic. It generally does not come up too often outside of meetings, but there have been a few circumstances at work (or the real world) that people have been benefited and comforted by my experiences. These were mostly about someone's family member, but nonetheless they were able to relate my experiences to theirs.

Meditation - There is good in everything I experience. My perspective might think otherwise, but with God in my life, I ask how can it not be good? God is wanting me to experience this for a reason. I must realize there is a higher purpose to everything. And the reason for experiencing it might not be realized in this lifetime.

That sounded like one of those meditations itself. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

perfect!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

As long as I do the next right thing, I can continue to grow and pass the message..