Notices

resentment/pity party in my head!!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

resentment/pity party in my head!!

hoooooboy.
i'm a stressy gal today.
not sure why but it seems like every little thing is getting under my skin.
my mom is driving me NUTS (and i'm 31 and she lives an hour away), my coworkers are irritating me senseless, and other drivers seem like morons.

i know life is just moving along as it usually does, and none of these things are that big a deal. none of it makes me want to drink, but it does suck to walk around feeling like i'm stoking a hot fire in my skull.
cannot wait to get to a meeting and catch up with my sponsor later. i need someone to remind me i'm not the bigwig i think i am sometimes

blah!
feel better already.
anyhow....
have a nice sober night, everyone!

hil
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well you drive in the Baltimore Washington area- the moron label could just be an accurate description.

There is a good passage on page 67 of the Big Book:

Though we did not like their symptoms and the way
these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too.
We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance,
pity, and patience that we would cheerfully
grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said
to ourselves, ”This is a sick man. How can I be helpful
to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be
done.“

Hope it helps.
It is ok to be stressed, angry, and sad. It is also ok to apply the program to those situations
Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a great place to vent, it will pass. I used to gauge my spiritual strength by how I would respond to anyone else on the road besides me. The consensus is they are the worst, most inconsiderate drivers ever that being said, I can't change them although I have fantasized about being a traffic cop for a day.
My son is 32 and drives me insane and all I can do is try to be tolerant and patient.

The serenity prayer was my mantra early in sobriety.

Love
CaiHong
Old 07-23-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Someone told me this week...

If you meet one as*hole today, it's bad luck.

If you meet two as*holes today, you're having a bad day.

If you meet three as*holes today, chances are you're the as*hole.

I took a head count and could see it was time for another housecleaning. I bet you'd never guess who appears to be at the root of my troubles.

Chin up! It's a journey with opportunities for growth at every corner. Huge hugs, much love and a lot of compassion your way.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers for your peace of mind zipping your way...
Old 07-23-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

No one can bother me without my consent....then they live rent free in my head. what?!?

There are steps to working on this situation....talk with your sponsor....when I'm taking another's inventory, I'm really looking at myself through them.... what?!?

this, too, shall pass......
Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
No one can bother me without my consent....then they live rent free in my head. what?!?

oooooo doggie, what flashbacks!! when i heard this the 1st time i knew it was true!! then it would just get my goat when someone would get in there because i knew i was lettin it happen!

my sponosr was a *****. he wouldnt( and still doesnt) let me point the finger at them. if i was gonna do that, he'd simply say, "well, good luck with that, but if yer gonna blame others for gettin upset, its yer lie and you gotta live with it."
then a light bulb moment: hmmmm..maybe he knows how i can stop this!" wouldnt ya know it, when i opened my mind about it, he did know how and the solution always started with," okay, lets start at the 1st step." worked every time.

it has taken a lot of work and some pretty hard knocks, but today for the most part i catch it quick and do the 10 step.
that doesnt, however, mean i dont have the desire to continue to take their inventory and when they are wrong promptly admit it. but the progress is that it stays in the thought part and doesnt come out in my actions as often and i am quicker to look at myself, which lookin at myself i find to actually be the easier softer way.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My experience with that .

A single resentment will warp my thinking almost immediately, ill walk out the house with one that im stroking..........but the end of the day i have maybe 3.

I do nothing with the first resentment......soon it becomes difficult to see, and it just appears as lots of resentments, or a general feeling of ill at ease.

One single resentment warps my thinking.....sets up a ripple effect in my life, like dropping a pebble in a flat pool......the ripples just keep on going.

Its amazing how quickly...my problems seems impossible to solve...i wander around disconnected.....till i get a pen and paper out.....

Resentments are tricky little b******ds.......until i realized how devastating they are....