Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day

Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we must surrender, give up, admit that we're helpless. We surrender our lives to God and ask Him for help. When He knows that we're ready, He gives us by His grace the free gift of sobriety. And we can't take any credit for having stopped drinking, because we didn't do it by our own willpower. There's no place for pride or boasting. We can only be grateful to God for doing for us what we could never do for ourselves. Do I believe that God has made me a free gift of the strength to stay sober?

Meditation for the Day

I must work for God, with God, and through God's help. By helping to bring about a true fellowship of human beings, I am working for God. I am also working with God because this is the way God works, and He is with me when I am doing such work. I cannot do good work, however, without God's help. in the final analysis, it is through the grace of God that any real change in human personality takes place. I have to rely on God's power, and anything I accomplish is through His help.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may work for God and with God. I pray that I may be used to change human personalities through God's help.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 03-06-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great quote from a great book!

I received a 24 hours a day black book from the old priest when I finished my 90 day recovery program in 89. I read it every morning and it's always like a new book.

Thank you for sharing it with us daily.

Bob R
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry, double post