Notices

amends

Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

thank you desert (hug)

I've got some thinking to do...er...ok...i think too much...perhaps some absorbing to do
Old 09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I just got on a payment plan with a credit card that I 'was' just going to let go into default. Looks like I'll have the last of my DUI expenses, probation fees, state charges and alcohol tether expenses paid off in 5 yrs (or sooner if I come up with the loot). I'm also in the process of trying to negotiate a loan-mod with Citibank on my house...and I was just going to let THAT slip into foreclosure and walk away.

Don't get me wrong, "society" would have told me the financially prudent thing to do would be to leave the two banks hanging....and I wanted to....but this darn "completely HONEST" program was bangin' around in my head. Yep, I promised to pay.... Yep, they expected me to keep my word.... yep, I knew in my hear I owed the $.... so now I'm making amends to the banks -- ugh....these are worse than the one I had to make to my ex-wife. (well, better in some ways and far worse in some others)

And believe you me.... if I didn't see a direct connection between NOT making these amends and getting drunk again.... I probably wouldn't make them. Unfortuantely (lol), I did a lot of praying about what to do and it became abundantly clear to do the "right" thing vs what I wanted to do....