Notices

Tiger Woods Amends

Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tiger Woods Amends

Today Tiger Woods made his Public Amends. So be it. But I listened to the people at my job talk about how it was. How he coudl never be forgiven how he wasn't sincere, how he was a robot, how he was how he was how he was. It made me very sad. It made me cry. I thought to myself. All of the things I did and how I upset others and can they really really forgive. People who haven't even been affected by this man cannot forgive him. And look at things that alcoholics do that hurt people. How we affect so many. When I listened to them today, I just got really really sad. Hurt people really do Hurt people. And its just sometimes very overwhelming. And then when you hear other people's overly righteous opinons about others who never even affect their lives, its like CAN YOU EVER BE FORGIVEN. I don't know. I'm glad its the weekend. I hope I will always be accountable for my actions from now on.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Whatever anyone says, thinks, or does about Tiger or me is none of my business, for today I'll just "keep it in my hula-hoop"

I've made most of my amends and continue to do so, I've been forgiven by my loved ones and I've made so many treasured friends and new relationships in my life that I see them all as a blessing. And for the few who haven't forgiven me, I accept that, and I continue to pray for them as well as me.

Love and tolerance is our code. I try to live every day like that.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LegalLady View Post
its like CAN YOU EVER BE FORGIVEN.
My amends have never been about whether or not I'm forgiven. They are about me setting right the damage I've caused.

I crash my car through your fence, I fix your fence. I make 'a mend' to it to repair the damage.

On many occassions, my making an amends to someone has provided them the opportunity to forgive, thereby freeing them of the resentment they've held which blocks them off from the sunlight of the spirit.

Whether they forgive me or not is none of my business.

Whether they forgive Tiger or not is part of his ($$$ cha-ching) business, but that's a different kind of business than the one that interests me.

I try to stay in the maximum usefulness to god and my fellows business. Is my amends useful and helpful to others? That's the question I have to ask. It's also the reason I have to do the other 8 Steps first, so that I can see what business my amends are really about.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sev
Friend of Bill W.

Well said Astro. Today, on my journey, I try to remember...let he who is sinless cast the first stone. That will usually keep me from sitting in judgement on others. How grateful I am today, that I was able to relinquish the power of judge, jury and executioner to back to my Higher Power. I no longer make your business my business. And for that, I am truly liberated.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Whatever anyone says, thinks, or does about Tiger or me is none of my business
Nuff said!!
Old 02-19-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I grow weary of constantly turning that stuff off.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
My amends have never been about whether or not I'm forgiven. They are about me setting right the damage I've caused.

Whether they forgive me or not is none of my business.

I try to stay in the maximum usefulness to god and my fellows business.
I agree. I make my amends to and for some universal good. God, Karma, Tao - whatever you want to call it.

I am responsible for the effort but not the result. I neither judge the other person nor do I place any expectations on the outcome.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Some of my amends ill never be forgiven for.
Its very imporatant for me to rid myself of self motive.

whether im forgiven has nothing to do with me.....but keeping my connection to god clear.. is.

plenty of people here have much to say about the golfers amends.
i hope the people involved find peace.

i gave up taking the moral high ground years ago when i realized it a pretty big glass house i live in.....makes no sense to throw stones.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tiger Woods sex-life is none of my business -- his amends, or lack thereof are none of my business and that's 100% true regardless of whether or not I work a program that tells me it's none of my business. It's also not the business of anyone else in the world except for probably the various women he's had sex with, used, mislead, abused, etc.....

Of course, the fact that so very many people are so desperate for vicarious lives that they seem to believe that his being a "celebrity" somehow makes everything and anything he does their business is also none of my business...but it does seem to be the thing that confounds me most about the whole pathetic mess.

freya