Notices

24 Hours a Day

Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow 24 Hours a Day

Thursday, January 7, 2010

(You are reading from the book Twenty Four Hours a Day)

A.A. Thought for the Day

When temptation comes, as it does some times to all of us, I will say to myself: "No, my whole life depends on not taking that drink and nothing in the world can make me do it." Besides, I have promised that Higher Power that I wouldn't do it. I know that God doesn't want me to drink and I won't break my promise to God. I've given up my right to drink and it's not my decision any longer. Have I made the choice once and for all, so that there's no going back on it?

Meditation for the Day

In silence comes God's meaning to the heart. I cannot judge when it enters the heart. I can only judge by results. God's word is spoken to the secret places of my heart and, in some hour of temptation, I find that word and realize its value for the first time. When I need it, I find it there. "Thy Father, who seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly."

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may see God's meaning in my life. I pray that I may gladly accept what God has to teach me.

(From Twenty-Four Hours a Day © 1975 by Hazelden Foundation, PO Box 176, Center City, MN 55012)