Notices

The first 100

Old 04-29-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I need to have 25 postings

in order to ask navysteve a question. a couple of words changed, hopefully it will go through
Here is what happened: I found some information I thought interesting. I do think I remember it was navysteve who said that by the time the big book was written there were 74 members, and 41 of those eventually got permanently sober. Now, I wanted to ask where he had those numbers from.
So I went and logged in, and when I had done that it took me "back" to a whole different place, and I have not been able to find the original place. I have had 9 postings already, so now I'm going to see if I can post 15 more so I can send navysteve an email. and the idea is to just post this 15 times, since I don't know what else to do. I hope this regretful spamming does not cause anyone any trouble.
And I hope the webmaster will fix the site, so that when a person goes to sign in they don't loose the place where they were on the site.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

i need to have 25 postings

in order to ask navysteve a question. a few other words changed. sorry
Here is what happened: I found some information I thought interesting. I do think I remember it was navysteve who said that by the time the big book was written there were 74 members, and 41 of those eventually got permanently sober. Now, I wanted to ask where he had those numbers from.
So I went and logged in, and when I had done that it took me "back" to a whole different place, and I have not been able to find the original place. I have had 9 postings already, so now I'm going to see if I can post 15 more so I can send navysteve an email. and the idea is to just post this 15 times, since I don't know what else to do. I hope this regretful spamming does not cause anyone any trouble.
And I hope the webmaster will fix the site, so that when a person goes to sign in they don't loose the place where they were on the site.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. so sorry for this repeated posting
Old 04-29-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry for this repetition
Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, so sorry
Old 04-29-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry for this mess. about 10 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry 9 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry 8 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, 7 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, six to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, 5 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, 4 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry 3 to go
Old 04-29-2018, 09:50 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, just a couple more now
Old 04-29-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

in order to ask navysteve a question. sorry, last one.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:51 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

The first 100 (may they all rest in peace )
1 Bill Wilson Dec34 NY
2 Bob Smith May35 Akron
3 Bill Dotson Jun-35 Akron
4 Ernest Galbraith Aug35 Akron
5 Henry Parkhurst Sep35 NJ
6 Walter Bray Sep35 Akron
7 Phil Smith Sep35 Akron
8 John Mayo Oct-35 MD
9 Silas Bent Nov35 CT
10 Harold Grisinger Jan-36 Akron
11 Paul Stanley Jan-36 Akron
12 Tom Lucas Feb36 Akron
13 Myron Williams Apr-36 NY
14 Joseph Doppler Apr-36 Cleveland
15 Robert Oviatt Jun-36 Cleveland
16 Harry Latta Jul-36 Akron
17 James D. Holmes Oct-36 Akron
18 Alfred Smith Jan-37 Akron
19 Alvin Borden Jan-37 Akron
20 Howard Searl Jan-37 Akron
21 William Ruddell Feb37 NJ
22 Douglas Delanoy Feb37 NJ
23 Robert Evans Feb37 Akron
24 Frank Curtis Feb37 Akron
25 Jane Sturdevant Mar-37 Cleveland
26 Harry Zollars Mar-37 Akron
27 Richard Stanley Apr-37 Akron
28 Harlan Spencer Apr-37 Akron
29 Wallace Gillam Apr-37 Akron
30 Lloyd Tate Jun-37 Cleveland
31 William Jones Jun-37 Cleveland
32 Chester Parke Jun-37 Akron
33 Lawrence Patton Jun-37 Akron
34 Paul Kellogg Jul-37 NJ
35 Earl Treat Jul-37 Akron
36 William Van Horn Jul-37 Akron
37 Florence Rankin Sep37 NJ
38 Charles Simonson Sep37 Akron
39 Irvin Nelson Sep37 Akron
40 Frank Krumrine Sep37 Akron
41 Edward Naher Oct-37 Akron
42 Joseph Taylor Oct-37 NJ
43 John Hughes Oct-37 Akron
44 Henry Pearce Nov37 Akron
45 Joe Schaffer Nov37 Akron
46 Frank Hadrick Nov37 Akron
47 Ned Poynter Nov37 NY
48 Fred Johnson Dec37 Akron
49 Wade Hadsell Dec37 Akron
50 George Dovsner Dec37 Akron
51 Harold Schitz Dec37 Akron
52 Carl Reinert Jan-38 Akron
53 Edith Scott Jan-38 Akron
54 Norman Tuit Jan-38 Akron
55 Thurman Traugh Jan-38 Akron
56 Edward Armitage Jan-38 Akron
57 Jack Darrow Jan-38 Akron
58 Kenneth Arthur Jan-38 Akron
59 Edward Brock Jan-38 Akron
60 James Burwell Jan-38 NY
61 Clarence Snyder Feb38 Cleveland
62 Charlie Johns Feb38 Cleveland
63 Raymond Campbell Feb38 NY
64 Van Wagner Feb38 NY
65 Norman Hunt Feb38 CT
66 Harold Sears Feb38 NY
67 Captain Coxe Apr-38 NY
68 George Mullin Apr-38 Akron
69 Herbert Taylor May38 NY
70 Robert Taylor May38 NY
71 George Williams Jun-38 NY
72 Harry Brick Jun-38 NJ
73 Roland (Bob ) Furlong Jun-38 MA
74 William Emerson Jul-38 NY
75 Archie Trowbridge Sep38 MI
76 Horace Maher Sep38 NY
77 James Scott Sep38 Akron
78 Edward Andy Oct-38 Akron
79 John Dolan Oct-38 Cleveland
80 Vaughn Phelps Oct-38 Cleveland
81 Horace Chrystal Oct-38 NY
82 William Hess Oct-38 Cleveland
83 Wallace Gillam Oct-38 Akron
84 Richard Rowe Nov38 Akron
85 Thomas Birrell Nov38 NJ
86 Delmar Tryon Nov38 Akron
87 Morgan Ryan Dec38 NJ
88 Wallace Von Arx Dec38 NJ
89 Joseph Worden Jr. Dec38 NY
90 Eddie Schroeder Jan-39 NJ
91 Patrick Cooper Jan-39 CA
92 William Worton Feb39 NY
93 Robert Volentine Mar-39 NY
94 Ernest MacKenzie Mar-39 NJ
95 Gordon MacDougal Mar-39 NJ
96 Hazel Cloos Mar-39 NJ
97 Herbert Debevoise Mar-39 NJ
98 Fred Hyde Mar-39 NJ
99 Raymond Wood Mar-39 NJ
100 Henry Heller Mar-39 NJ
Old 05-04-2018, 01:25 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifej View Post
I have had 9 postings already, so now I'm going to see if I can post 15 more so I can send navysteve an email. and the idea is to just post this 15 times, since I don't know what else to do. .
welp, ya could have
- 10th step comes to mind
- asked out in the forum as theres others with a pletheroa of knowledge of aa history.plus, the OP hasnt posted in 8 years.
-talked to your sponsor.
-looked at the history on your computer
- probably a few other things rather than post the same thing over and over
. obessive thoughts suck,but theres plenty that can be done rather than let them control ya.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
welp, ya could have
- 10th step comes to mind
- asked out in the forum as theres others with a pletheroa of knowledge of aa history.plus, the OP hasnt posted in 8 years.
-talked to your sponsor.
-looked at the history on your computer
- probably a few other things rather than post the same thing over and over
. obessive thoughts suck,but theres plenty that can be done rather than let them control ya.
Well, Steve, the problem with the site is that a person is not allowed to send messages to people without first having made 10 postings. Not my rule.

Other than that, yea, I've only been sober 30 years, there are things I don't know, so I ask where I can. But I find the number 74 intriguing, the exactness of it makes it sound like the person who wrote it knows something that the rest of us don't.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Do you have a source for this list?

Awuh1, Thanks for this list - where did you find it?

Last edited by lifej; 08-09-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: needed name
Old 08-09-2019, 12:03 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

aahistory group at ***** has some really good history people there