Notices

Aa????????

Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello, new to posting here. I would have to concur with the others about the importance of meetings for me, especially those first few years. I tried to make a meeting every day. I won't into it, but I was a very sick person. My sponsor would tell me to revolve my day around a meeting. In the beginning those hours I was at the meetings were the only time I had any peace.
Pinetree
Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
Sponsor. Get one. A good one. Stepwork baby stepwork! Otherwise it's just crappy coffee!
..man sometimes the shortest replys are the most profound.

Thats it.....youve found the fellowship....now work the program of recovery with someone that works the program of recovery out of that little book you got..

God be with you.........hold on tight girl this is the bit where it gets real good.

trucker
Old 04-01-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Well done Louis - you keep doing what you doing follow suggestions, be open minded increase those meetings, get that dictionary and get a sponsor - you'll see the miracle will happen for you. Well done for speaking up and not suffering in silence! there is something to 'get' and it's realyl beautiful!
Cathy31
c
Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

hi Louis , I struggle with understanding while im reading , the Bigbook i do read but i struggle with it , What helped me understand it alot more then I did , was reading the 12 steps and 12 traditions, its a shorter version of the BB . try reading that mite help you grasp the BB a lil better . I know isntead of reading much stuff that I dont get .. it helps me by just getting to the point of the steps . if that makes any sence . But someone suggested it to me and it sure helped , Now today when i make a step meeting i just glance thu my 12x12 book and im able to get it lots easy , and ive highlited lots in the book . hope maybe that will help yah its just my 2 pennys .. :ghug3