Notices

Daily Reflections

Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow Daily Reflections

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*

A DAY'S PLAN

On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 86

Every day I ask God to kindle within me the fire of His love, so that love, burning bright and clear, will illuminate my thinking and permit me to better do His will. Throughout the day, as I allow outside circumstances to dampen my spirits, I ask God to sear my consciousness with the awareness that I can start my day over any time I choose; a hundred times, if necessary.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Our restoration to sanity is the result of the replacement of selfishness and self-centeredness with God consciousness. Rather than leap immediately into planning how to arrange our affairs to suit ourselves, we pray for direction from God. God's will rather than self-seeking, is the focus of our thoughts. Should we ignore these clear-cut directions, our thinking will be self-directed. Remembering how well self-directed thinking has worked for us in the past, we can be motivated to follow this method of re-directing the focus of our thoughts.

Many people joke that AA will ruin one's drinking. Likewise praying for God to keep our thinking from being influenced by our defects serves to make us conscious of our motivations. We see plainly what it is that is driving our thoughts and actions and turn to God for relief.