Notices

Your Candidate

Old 02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Your Candidate

"Your candidate may give reasons why he need not follow all of your program. He will rebel at the thought of a drastic housecleaning which requires discussion with other people. Do not contradict such views. Tell him you once felt as he does, but you doubt if you would have made much progress had you not taken action. On your first visit tell him about the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous. If he shows interest, lend him your copy of this book."
Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Rufus, I have not had a sponsee say they did not want to follow the path I and many others have followed yet, but I have seen some feet dragging!!! LOL

Now I have seen folks, usually retreads and some newcomers share on occasion that they did not work the whole program for this reason or that, I had a guy come up to me after a meeting that has been in and out of the rooms for at least 10 years tell me.... "Man I wish I could get myself to work the steps!" He had just come back in from a research project, I just told him "You could if you really wanted too." He said "I know". Hopefully one day he will get with the program.