Notices

Focusing on the negative.....

Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Focusing on the negative.....

You know when I was drinking my focus seemed to always be on the negative.

That person is out to get me!

That guy is a real dirt bag, look at how he is dressed!

That woman is a real ****, look at that top she is wearing!

Look at the way that kid is dressed, I bet he does dope!

I need to really keep an eye on that salesman, he is goig to try and rip me off!

It took me a while to get away from focusing on the negative when I first got sober as well, I would sit in meetings and think all kinds of bad things.

That guy is full of it, he can not be as happy as he says he is, look at that piece of junk car!

The only reason that guy is talking to that gal is because he is trying to get some.

This guy doesn't really want to help me, he just wants me to feel like he is better then me.

That guy is doing nothing but bragging about how much time he has been sober!

It took me working the steps before I really started to be able to understand that most of what I was thinking about other people in the rooms was dead wrong, I was focusing on the negative side and not seeing the posotive side.

Once I was able to start seeing the posotive in others because I was finally able to see the posotive in me the world seemed to change into a better safer place, I was able to put trust in people, and not lose that trust until they proved to me they were not trust worthy.

That guy is full of it, he can not be as happy as he says he is, look at that piece of junk car!
Having worked the steps I was able to see that it is not the material things in life that lead to happiness.

The only reason that guy is talking to that gal is because he is trying to get some.
Having worked the steps I was able to see that every time a guy talks to a woman it is not trying to get some, especially in the rooms, most of the time they are just talking or one of them is sharing a problem with the other one.

This guy doesn't really want to help me, he just wants me to feel like he is better then me.
Having worked the steps I was able to see that the guy actually was trying to help me and that was it, he was passing on to me what had been passed on to him.

That guy is doing nothing but bragging about how much time he has been sober!
Having worked the steps I was able to see that the guy actually was trying to give me hope by sharing that I could stay sober as long as he has.

Working the steps has allowed me to see there is a very large part of the world both inside and outside of the rooms that is posotive.