Notices

joe and charlie

Old 02-29-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

joe and charlie

Someone give me the 411 on these guys and what they do.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Joe and Charlie are a couple of guys, one from Arkansas, one from Oklahoma that take people through the steps as outlined in the book during weekend seminars. Joe just passed away recently.

If you are interested in what they do, there a few sources online that you can download their workshops. One is xa-apeakers.org and the other is The Primary Purpose Group website.
Jim
Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Joe and Charlie can explain it just as good as anyone I have ever heard.I believe they was the first,or about the first to hold big book seminars..
Old 03-01-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember my first set of tapes; for years those eight tapes came with me everywhere in my old college book bag. Now with digital files, I carry these lessons on my IPOD. No one has so comprehensively worked the first 164 pages of the Big Book as Joe and Charlie and presented it to so many people. Never boring, always funny and deeply serious, these two men have set the example for Twelve Steps work. Joe's passing was painful, though I am sure he is simply refining his techniques on that new and wonderful journey he is on.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The only material I've heard that compares are Joe H. taking people through the steps at The Salvation Army in Long Beach, CA in 1985. This set is available on cd now.

DonP.'s "Spiritual Journey" set is good as well. A workshop in Slidell, LA in 1997, available on xa-speakers.org.

Mark H. & Joe H. "How Free Do You Want To Be" is another good one, also available at xa-speakers.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I've still got my First 138 pages of the Big Book on cassette ... given to me seven years ago.

I was very sad to hear about Joe passing away.

I went and lissened to those tapes again when CarolD Posted about it.

When I detoxed this last time (and because of those tapes and the Grace of God so far it HAS been the last time) - for two weeks - I could not function without those tapes playing constantly - 24/7 in the house. I just needed their voices in my head.

Joe & Charley.

I get a calm feeling just thinking or them.

Body memory with me now.