Notices

Anyone have experience with CM Recovery Residence?

Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone have experience with CM Recovery Residence?

About to send my 19 y/0 daughter there and wanted to know if anyone has been or has more info? They are a "12 step oriented" detox/rehab for drug & alcohol, on Long Island - Northport, NY- 50 beds, according to their website. I really hope I can find someone who's actually been, or who knows someone who has been there. I'm just a paranoid mom who wants to send her to a good place.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck with your 19 year old daughter. Thank you for your post I was very interested to find out that this program claims to be founded by early members of the original 12-step program under the guidance of Bill W.

If what the program offers is the 12 steps and your daughter wants nothing to do with Alcoholics Anonymous, a sponsor or the 12 steps then I would look elsewhere. I would send your daughter to a local AA meeting and see what she thinks if it’s not for her then you just saved yourself a whole bunch of heartache and $6000 a month.

Obviously anything is better than watching a loved one continue to abuse alcohol and drugs so perhaps this program might do you some good. I have a son who has on again off again sobriety and there is nothing I can do except continue to detach yet make myself available.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have no personal information on any treatment centers.
I never went.

I do hope your daughter finds her way.
Prayers and Hugs for a positive outcome.