Notices

4th step writers block.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My most recent inventory:

First I pray that God show me the truth about what blocks me from him. When I write the fourth column I use this prayer: "Dear God show me how take a kindly & tolerant view."

Column One: A guy at work
Column Two: Why I am angry: He yelled at me like I am a new guy. Embarrassed me in front of the others.
Column Three:Affects (note-these are the roles I assign myself & others based on natural instincts for security, romance, & prestige. These seven areas are what my ego uses to keep me seperate, but they are not bad or things I need to get rid of. I need to get them back and they can be mine based on a relationship with God. The ones on the first column own me because I give the power away.)
SELF-ESTEEM: No one talks to me that way. No low self-esteem here.
PRIDE: Co-workers should respect me. The role I've assigned him.
AMBITION: I want respect
SECURITY: I need respect to be ok.
PERSONAL RELATIONS: A real man wouldn't take that. A Real man would have knocked him on his a**. The role I've assigned myself
SEX RELATIONS: Women want a real man, not a wimp.
POCKET BOOK: No one should threaten my livlihood.
Column Four:
Where was I SELFISH? I only care about how I feel.
SELF-SEEKING? I use my job to look good and to feel good at the expense of co-workers. I use my job for a paycheck, nothing more.
DISHONEST? I am the same way he is. I don't always treat my co-workers with respect. It was not personal, he didn't do it to **** me off, he did because he is scared and insecure just like me. My job is not who I am.
FRIGHTENED? of looking bad. of having to quit my job. of being broke. of being a failure.
INCONSIDERATE? I take myself too seriously at work. I play the bigshot. I arouse jealousy, suspicion, and bitterness.
HARMS: I've yelled at and belittled co-workers. (some amends came out of this.

This all came about because this man is threatened by me being there. I've been there about a year, he has been there about six years. I make the same wage and have the same title. So problems of money, property, and prestige can divert me from my primary spiritual aim outside of as well inside of AA.

So there is the resentment inventory that came out of an incident at work about a month ago. I also wrote a fear inventory and conduct inventory about it, which I can share if anyone wants. I'll fill you all in on the results of the amends as well.
Jim
Old 12-02-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Work, RJS. I continue to look for you and your progress. Don't give up!