Notices

Big Book Quote ...Wanna share?

Old 02-01-2007, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Big Book Quote ...Wanna share?

"As we look back, we feel we had gone on drinking many years beyond the point where we could quit on our will power. If anyone questions whether he has entered this dangerous area, let him try leaving liquor alone for one year. If he is a real alcoholic and very far advanced,there is scant chance of success. In the early days of our drinking we occasionally remained sober for a year or more, becoming serious drinkers again later. Though you may be able to stop for a considerable period, you may yet be a potential alcoholic. We think few, to whom this book will appeal, can stay dry anything like a year. Some will be drunk the day after making their resolutions; most of them within a few weeks."

~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, Page 34~
Old 02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I drank for about 10 years and due to a religous experience quit for 1 1/2 years, I started again when I started to push God out of my life. I drank for another 20 years until alcohol started to really effect myself and those around me, I tried for the last 10 years to quit.

Every time I tried to quit on my own I stayed sober less time and when I went back to the bottle it was with a vengance. The last few years I could barely go 2 days before I either automatically stopped at 7-11 or my brain was screaming so loud for it I went and got some beer.

A 5 day detox, AA and my HP saved my life.