Notices

Why is so much anger

Old 09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why is so much anger

Hi all my SO has a drinking problem and refused my attempts to get her help so she has moved out of the house. This was her choice all along. Refused to see how bad she treated me and didn't want help. Long story short she is a mean drunk. Feel free to find my other posts on the friends and family site. My question is why so much anger againest me? She passed it all off to me having the problem and being controlling blah,blah blah. The problem is that I still love this woman and we never said to each other that we didn't love each other. I guess she loved drinking more then me. Right now I can say that the relationship is in limbo as she haven't really moved all her things out and stops by now and then to get something. But,she is like a time bomb with me. I think she is close to a breaking point is this a sign? I would like to hear if anyone out there had the same behavior with anger and the blaming?

Dan
Old 09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry for the painful situation..
in my experience

Love does not win over addiction.

Take care of YOU...
Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't have a similar experience but it seems I get resentful and angry just because I'm awake. I don't think in my case anger, fear and resentment have as much to do with outside stimuli as I once thoght.l Some kind of fear at the root of it, may not have anything to do with you at all. THe only way I know for an alkie to get to the root of that stuff is with a good thorough 4th step (we tend to BS psychiatrists).
Old 09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

collinsmi You know I think its fear on her part. That she knows that she has a problem and her life is getting messed up again and she laches out at me or maybe its that she is backed into a corner so to speak?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

alcoholics hate themselves which render them incapable of displaying love to anyone.

Hate spawns hate.

Hate hurts.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Dan,
My hope is that YOU are getting help for yourself and entering YOUR OWN recovery. You can't do anything about her and her addiction until SHE CHOOSES to want help.

Work the steps and take care of yourself. When/if she gets sick and tired enough...she'll choose to change...and not a minute before then.

Jen
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe, Dan. My fears are layered. Under one, there's usually several more. She sounds like quite a handful. Ever try an al-anon meeting?
Old 09-15-2006, 06:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

everyone thanks for your concerns about me Im getting help for myself with counsling. I trined one al-anon and It was for me. god bless