Name "one" good thing about today...

Old 05-23-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Name "one" good thing about today...

I thought it would be nice to start a thread, something close to the "what I'm thankful for".

I ask my children when they arrive home from school each day, "Tell me one good thing that happened to you today". In the summer, at the end of the day, I ask them to share with me something they enjoyed doing and why.

I would like to hear from you.

What is one good thing that happened to you today?

Kat-
Old 05-23-2005, 01:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Outstanding thread topic, Kat!

Lessee... (it's tough to limit my response to just one good thing today)...

M'wife called me at work just to say "I love you!". *Cue sappy Stevie Wonder song*

Peace!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nocellphone-Thanks, *smile*

One good thing for me today:

Hearing Kermit the Frog sing, "Rainbow connection". I used to love that song when I was a pre-teen and I forgot how deeply it touched me and reminded me of why I'm so fond of frogs.

Opps, sorry the little girl came out there for a second.

Kat-
Old 05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Yup, Kermit is one of your more talented amphibious singers, and not a half-bad bicyclist to boot!

And it's always ok for the little kid in us to come out and play. It's just not ok to let them drive the bus...
Old 05-24-2005, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

was by the lake at my university and was contented to see the ducks and geese quacking away, theyre so cute...then a leaf fell at my feet while a fluffy feather flew past my eyes, felt very connected to the divine within and around me at that point.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Local Swimming Hole

Yesterday I took my children to locate a "local" hush, hush swimming hole. My son had been swimming with a friend and his mother the day prior and he couldn’t quite remember how to get there. So we set out on an adventure.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The “special” thing about this swimming hole is it has a cliff that you can jump off, about twenty feet high. This cliff is rightfully called the “small face” cliff. There is one further down, sixty feet high called the “dead mans” cliff ( after seeing it, I believe you would have to be brain “dead” to actually jump off the thing, but then again that could be the “grown up” in me speaking-*smile*).<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
I lead the way down this path and upon entering into a clearing my breath was taken away by the beauty of the water of this swimming area. Behind me I heard, "awesome", "that's cool", "I wish I had my camera" and then the running of feet as my children took the lead to explore this new area of interest.<o:p></o:p>

We stood on this huge flat cliff rock, standing on the edge looking down was a straight drop down into the water and in silence took in the beauty of our surroundings. Then my bravest, daredevil, my youngest daughter questioned in an excited voice of glee, "Can I jump of the cliff now?” In my most shocked motherly voice I responded, "Are you crazy?"<o:p></o:p>

After a few more seconds of silence we found out we were not alone and a group of teens were below. Climbing up the trail from the water, the boys decided to show us what fearless creatures they were...running one at a time they flew off the cliff, yelling on their way down to the water "tally-ho", with a splash each one came back to the surface with huge smiles on their faces. Keep in mind my motherly instinct was in “over drive”; I swear I could feel the auburn hairs turning gray in that very instant.<o:p></o:p>

I was reminded in these very special moments of interaction between my children and these other children that it wasn't long ago that I would have done the very same thing when I was a child. I was reminded of how beautiful life and nature are, especially when it’s with those you love and choose to have healthy relationships with.<o:p></o:p>

May all of you, in your journey to the local “swimming hole”, find someone to enjoy the moment with. <o:p></o:p>

Kat-

Old 05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

One good thing today was the my counselor at my school put me with someother student that I know and she has the same issues as me with an alcoholic dad and she is coming with me to her first meeting tonight. I am glad I can help like people that have helped me.
Love,
Shana thanks for the topic.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Michelle

Today was a very good day so there have been many good things about it. First of all it has been a nice sunny day, warm temperature with birds singing and flowers blooming. Also my Dad finally sold his house and the deal went through today so I got one third of the amount he received for it.

Now tomorrow might be a different story.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Okay......... I finally did it.

I finally jumped off the low wall this past weekend. Not only did my children think it was cool (which was not my intention) but their friends and some other local kids thought I was pretty cool.

I wanted to jump off the cliff into the water. I don't think I've had a rush like that since I used to BMX race and that was soooo, sooooo looonnnngggg ago.

It was one of the most awesome feelings at my age that I've had in a long time..and yes, I jumped in feet first.

Kat-
Old 06-08-2005, 10:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, BTW.....it "was", past tense, a fear of mine that I overcame....not being able to see to the bottom of the water...that's what made the experience so awesome.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Nothing in life is as good as doing battle with "the beast" and being able to walk tall after its defeat.<o:p></o:p>

Kat-<o:p></o:p>

Old 06-11-2005, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I found time today to take my dog on a walk and let him enjoy it. I let him sniff whatever he wanted for as long as he wanted. We took the same trail as we do each day but it took twice as long. I wasn't in a rush and I enjoyed it. Then I gave him his daily treat and petted his shoulders as he ate instead of rushing of to do whatever. Now he's passed out .
Old 06-12-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

One good thing about today...?

Lessee...

I'm breathing. It all begins there!
Old 06-19-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

brilliant idea:

The one good thing that happened to me today was seeing my boyfriends face after a long stressful day!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The one good thing that happened to me today was to get kisses from my pets when I came home. My husband and our lil girlies make my days go better.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've learned that a lack of of **** poor planning on someone's part does not constitute an emergency on my part. In other words, I don't have to be the "savior" anymore. I don't have to be the peace keeper anymore.

Today, I am at peace with my past and present and I'm able to "let go and let God" for the future as well. Today I choose to let God rule my world.

Peace has come to visit me and my house today.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sad Spouse

One good thing about today...(and every day for me)

With all the drama going on in my life these last few months there is one thing in my life that brightens my day, every single morning. My 1 year old black pug puppy, Pickles. She sleeps with me in the bed and every morning at 6:00 AM she is up and in my face with the sweetest kisses. Sometimes she snuggles with me under the covers. She helps me get through.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

ONE more day, smoke/nicotime free
and in that freedom there is this stillness
I've never felt before..........
It is one more step toward being the best I can be...........
and a nugget of hope that I may one day, get there...........
without remorse, without regret and without spellchecking my every move....

( =
Old 08-13-2005, 04:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lady Luna came into my life. She has the most beautiful big brown eyes, her coat as golden as the sun with kisses from the moon....thus the name Luna. I picked her out of nine others, she was the only one with pink pads on her hind feet and she was the runt of the group. Half the size of her four other sisters and five brothers, I noticed she struggled to gain access to her mother...something about this action struck a cord deep inside me. I watched as this "runt" overcame nine other bodies and after many attempts ( I must have watched for half an hour), she overcame her challenge and was rewarded with a place on top of the pile. Deep inside I was cheering her on, part of my wanting to pick her up and help and part of me holding back because I knew she would accomplish her task.

She is now three months old and every morning she greets me with a wagging tail and I swear..... a smile.

Lady Luna is a yellow lab puppy and believe it or not, she is now bigger than her other siblings. Our family has taken many pictures and shared them with the owners of Luna's mother.

I find myself laughing at her wobbling body and pouncing feet, not that I don't laugh, but this kind of laugh was left behind long ago....today I found that I can still have a "joyful laugh", the kind of laugh a child has when he/she expreriences something new, something that brings pure joy.

Today I laughed for joy.