Connecting the dots.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Connecting the dots.

Both my parents where alcoholics, so were my moms other two husbands. I have two older brothers, and Im starting to see how growing up in a house that revolved around alcohol shaped my brothers and myself.

I'm 42 happily married for 19 years we've been together for almost 23. We have two amazing kids 17 and 21.

I've recently had a brake down after having a scope done on my throat and esophagus, being held down on the table one nurse holding my head down and another my legs was very traumatic for me, i was hysterical by the time it was over and it brought back a lot of the trauma I suffered as a child. And, in my opinion, revolves around having alcoholics as parents growing up.

So I'm here just reading a lot on all sides of the forums. It's really helping connect all the dots from my childhood which is helping me a great deal.

I'm not to sure how much I'll post, my spelling and grammar are the worst. But I'll definitely be here on the side lines reading.
If I put this in the wrong place I am so very sorry, just point me I the right direction.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds awfully traumatic. I am sorry that happened. Did you tell your doctor how the nurses treated you?

It's common for people who had trauma in the past to have things in the present happen that remind us of that. What's key is to remind ourselves that right now in the present moment, we are okay, and what happened in the past is in the past. Memories aren't happening in the now.