Speeding anyone?

Old 01-25-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Speeding anyone?

For as long as I can remember I have been attracted to fast cars, and I truly enjoy driving them. I don’t know if it’s the adrenaline, the control or the idea of getting away as fast as possible....

For the next couple months I’ll have to do a lot of long distance driving, mostly at night and the very early morning hours when the roads are empty. Frankly I’m not sure if it’s stress at work, something else or just the temptation, but I wonder if anyone feels the same? What’s the reason behind your “need for speed”? Is it “normal”, is it a reaction to a trigger that you collected when growing up in Lala Land ? How do you deal with it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
totfit

Not sure, but it is a threat to your safety and the safety of others as is drunk driving. It might be an effort to release anxiety. Exercise would be a healthier and safer release.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I have a need to drive like a nanna.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is self-destructive and endangering others. Granted you are at night with less of a chance but it's still a chance. I would find some therapy help to conquer this. Best of luck.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am just the opposite. I am afraid of driving fast. I fear losing control when going fast. I don't drive on highways because of it.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 9111111 View Post
For as long as I can remember I have been attracted to fast cars, and I truly enjoy driving them. I don’t know if it’s the adrenaline, the control or the idea of getting away as fast as possible....

For the next couple months I’ll have to do a lot of long distance driving, mostly at night and the very early morning hours when the roads are empty. Frankly I’m not sure if it’s stress at work, something else or just the temptation, but I wonder if anyone feels the same? What’s the reason behind your “need for speed”? Is it “normal”, is it a reaction to a trigger that you collected when growing up in Lala Land ? How do you deal with it?

Thanks in advance.
Track days are cheap, tons of fun, and you can drive as fast as you want without having to watch for the po-po!

T