ACOA - and ACON

Old 04-02-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ha! my fiance's parents met my mother when she made her surprise visit and she was all put together. His dad said later, your mother is a lovely woman! I almost choked. She CAN be a lovely woman but it's all at her whim. I pretty much said the same thing, "you don't know her" LOL seasaw it is so great to have a place where people have walked in my shoes!
Old 04-02-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by ajarlson View Post
Ha! my fiance's parents met my mother when she made her surprise visit and she was all put together. His dad said later, your mother is a lovely woman! I almost choked. She CAN be a lovely woman but it's all at her whim. I pretty much said the same thing, "you don't know her" LOL seasaw it is so great to have a place where people have walked in my shoes!
My friends used to always tell me how lucky I was because I had such an awesome mom. It would take everything I had not to vomit on their shoes. To this day, anyone I meet who ever knew my mother has nothing but wonderful things to say about her. A few now know the truth, and my husband and his family know her, but there are more who think she's perfect than who don't. And it's that covert "I am all about YOU!" while she's sinking her hooks into you so that you become all about her.

Edited to add that my friends were always told they were welcome in my house any time, even when I was bringing people home from college to go to the beach. Me? I had to make a reservation.