AF will not stop driving

Old 11-04-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AF will not stop driving

While it has been a concern of ours regarding our father driving drunk for the last 4 years since we've known it was a real problem, the last two months he's been much further gone deeper into his whole. This started after his first of 6 visits to the ER in the past two months. Hes now only 116 lbs and has moved from 2 to 3 pints a day to 4-5 pints a day.
His third trip to the ER came from him passing out at a liquor store 25 miles from his house. He woke up in the ER and thought he drove himself there. He had no recollection of ever leaving his house. This could have easily happened behind the wheel instead of inbthe store.
I cobtacted the local police department abput a month ago to give them a heads up to be on the lookoit for him on the road. Yet he still hasnt been pulled over and drives a few times a day to get more liquor.
Id like yo say its onky a matter of time before he gets arrested for a DUI but I have a grave feeling hes going to kill innocent bystanders before that ever happens.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry your father is behaving this way. Its sad and scarey. If you are ever aware of when he is on the road I suggest you call the police and inform them when its happening
Old 11-04-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't live with him so im not aware of when he goes out. My just turned 18 yo brother lives with him, but could not and should not be the one or placed in the situation to make such a call.
ive actually been looking for a good app to get installed on his phone to send me notifications when he leaves an area (his house). There's a few out there but I have to make sure tue one I go with foes infact work before I go over anf add it to his phone or have my brother add it when he is passed out.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is so scary, I know. My heavy drinking (possibly alcoholic) parents recently put giant state police stickers on their very expensive cars. (I can't remember a time growing up my parents ever put any "fluff" on their cars. They have always been very anti-bumper sticker. Very understated people.) My assumption is that they made a big old donation to the police because they know very well that they like to go out to bars for their martinis and wine and then drive home. I try not to let my mind go there, but I am constantly praying for a giant wake-up call for them that does not involve the pain or death of themselves or another person.