FInding healthy fits.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
4th star on the Right.

FInding healthy fits.

I think I am just begining to find out what feels right for me and who feels right for me, but mainly its places....I do go back to old places to see if I can feel better there but then it dawns on me I don't want to go back.....its hard because I feel stuck between the old feelings I use to have about a place or person and the new feelings I am getting...I do feel a tad guilty also andn wonder why me? why do I not feel comfortable there anymore?...not sure what I'm rambling on about here..but just feel like I am in a new place and not sure exactly where I will end up when I land.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Every day and every minute we are in a new place - you are just becoming aware of it. With any luck, you will have many more new places in your life. Different is not always bad.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there Trying

I've been there. Gone back to old places that had strong memories for me and found that _me_ was different. What it is for me is _growth_. I am becoming a better person, shaking off the old "emotional baggage" that used to define me.

In al-anon they use the butterfly to explain this. The butterfly starts out life as a catterpilar, and thru the program of recovery we also change from the catterpillar we used to be and become a butterfly.

You're growing "wings", Trying, and places where the caterpillar felt comfortable are no longer comfortable for us as "butterflies".

Welcome to recovery, Trying. It's a beautiful place full of clear air and gentle breezes. I think you're going to like it

Mike