Notices

Found a syringe

Old 08-27-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found a syringe

I found a syringe and asked my bf if he was using and he said no. The syringe still had liquid in it. My question is does heroin stay a liquid in a syringe after along period of time. I want to believe my boyfriend but after all we have been through its hard.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lily, does he use a vaper? to quit smoking, by chance?
If so, its possible that it is for that, as you use it to mix the nicotine and flavoring to use in the vaper. The needle part is big gauge though,, not the sort you would use in your veins.
If the needle is a hypodermic size though, I would surely be alerted to the possibility. I have no idea if the drug stays liquid after a long time.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Lily, does he use a vaper? to quit smoking, by chance?
If so, its possible that it is for that, as you use it to mix the nicotine and flavoring to use in the vaper. The needle part is big gauge though,, not the sort you would use in your veins.
If the needle is a hypodermic size though, I would surely be alerted to the possibility. I have no idea if the drug stays liquid after a long time.

No he doesn't use a vapor. I shot the liquid out of the syringe to see if it would come out and it's just a brown liquid it doesn't look like blood it's an insulin syringe .
Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lily1122 View Post

My question is does heroin stay a liquid in a syringe after along period of time.
Yes, due to the fact that there is next to no air in the syringe, liquids can and usually do stay in liquid form for a very long time.
MM
Old 08-27-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Yes, due to the fact that there is next to no air in the syringe, liquids can and usually do stay in liquid form for a very long time.
MM
Thank you so much. I feel so much better now
Old 08-27-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So what is his reason for having a syringe? A brown liquid definitely sounds like heroin.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jimt91 View Post
So what is his reason for having a syringe? A brown liquid definitely sounds like heroin.
He is a recovering addict. He said he hid the syringes a while ago . He says he is clean and i want to believe him but I don't understand why he would keep them around.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Lily - I hope he is being truthful and it's not H but was curious why you said MM's response was a relief, if it was a liquid and MM said that heroin remains a liquid in a syringe then it sounds like he was confirming your suspicion, seems like either you or I misread that response (could definitely be me), in any case I really wish you the best and hope things work out for both of you. The one single most important question I would ask myself is do i truly believe in my heart of hearts that he wants to stop using, that is the only way he will ever stop is if he truly wants to, he can't be forced by a court or a family member or anyone for that matter besides himself. I hope the answer to that is yes and I wish you all the best. You will find lots of support and love here. Hang in there.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GS123 View Post
Hi Lily - I hope he is being truthful and it's not H but was curious why you said MM's response was a relief, if it was a liquid and MM said that heroin remains a liquid in a syringe then it sounds like he was confirming your suspicion, seems like either you or I misread that response (could definitely be me), in any case I really wish you the best and hope things work out for both of you. The one single most important question I would ask myself is do i truly believe in my heart of hearts that he wants to stop using, that is the only way he will ever stop is if he truly wants to, he can't be forced by a court or a family member or anyone for that matter besides himself. I hope the answer to that is yes and I wish you all the best. You will find lots of support and love here. Hang in there.
Sorry for the confusion I meant it was a relief to hear that it could stay a liquid so it could be from last year when he was using. I wasn't happy to find it at all. I think deep down he wants to be clean and sober and has been doing great since his last relapse but there have been behavior changes in him that has me worried he tells me I'm paranoid and maybe I am but I do have a gut feeling he's using again and I'm starting to find things that are making me concerned.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ahh, that makes more sense. As someone who has successfully hidden a severe opiate habit from every single person in his life for 10 years I would bet quite a good piece of my life savings on you being correct if you are catching him nodding or even just having the gut feeling that he is using he probably is, I don't know him but I do know the relapse rates and how tough it is to get clean. I really do hope he wants to be clean and that you can find a way to work together to beat his addiction, if you both, and both of you absolutely have to want it, want to get clean it can be done, there are many many success stories here.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 08-28-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hate sounding negative, but does not sound good. Opiates are my DOC and a lot of people's around where i live as well. I have never forgot about something being in my house or have ever heard of someone doing that. That, plus you noticing changes is a bad sign. The addiction is just too strong to leave stuff around the house without remembering it is there.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

the proof will be in the pudding please keep us updated
Old 08-28-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i never used IV drugs but i have a hard time imagining any addict leaving dope in a syringe for "later" OR completely "forgetting" there was some around. it's never a good sign tho.........and it would certainly put me on alert.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No IV heroin addict I've ever known would or could forget about a loaded bullet lying around the house. Sorry you found the syringe, doesn't sound good.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Still no answers

Well my bf hasn't told me anything so far. In fact we got into such a bad argument last night over something really stupid we are not even speaking . This is one of the behavior changes I've been seeing this defensive argumentative attitude. I really don't know what's going on and why this is happening again. He was doing so good and then he thinks he can have a drink or 2 and then he turns into this dark person.
Thanks for everyone's reply. I will keep everyone updated if he ever tells me what's going on.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

if you ever want to talk
Old 08-30-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lily1122 View Post

He was doing so good and then he thinks he can have a drink or 2 and then he turns into this dark person.
That reminds me of me
back in my old drinking days.
Until one makes a firm decision not to drink
nothing much changes.
MM
Old 08-31-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Through my use I would be messed up and stash a syringe or spoon or top of a can (cooker) and forget about it for sure, but definitely never loaded. It is not a 100% guarantee he is using, but not a good sign either. I guess it would depend on where you found it and how long since he supposedly last used. Is it somewhere that it could go unnoticed for a long period of time.

Anyway as others have said more will be revealed. If he is using it will not be long before you see him nodding, or spot needle marks, or missing money, or lies / disappearing for no reason. The whole drinking thing sounds like bad news to me too. Eventually I would crash and burn and go back to H or just start drinking more and more. I hope things work out. Take care.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Through my use I would be messed up and stash a syringe or spoon or top of a can (cooker) and forget about it for sure, but definitely never loaded. It is not a 100% guarantee he is using, but not a good sign either. I guess it would depend on where you found it and how long since he supposedly last used. Is it somewhere that it could go unnoticed for a long period of time.

Anyway as others have said more will be revealed. If he is using it will not be long before you see him nodding, or spot needle marks, or missing money, or lies / disappearing for no reason. The whole drinking thing sounds like bad news to me too. Eventually I would crash and burn and go back to H or just start drinking more and more. I hope things work out. Take care.
The syringes were in a good hiding place. But as soon as I asked him about the one I found he said where there would be another one. The fact that one was empty and one had stuff in it is scary. I dont know about this stuff so i dont know if he didnt use the whole amount in the syringe.
I honestly don't know when He used last. I thought it was December but I recently found out when we broke up ghe disappeared somewhere and then checked himself into rehab and was put on methadone and librium. So I'm guessing the last time He used was May.
He has been coming home late and telling me works late or the bus was late. I did believe him but now I think its crap. A few nights ago he said he was talking to his sister on the phone at the store and didn't want to walk and talk. That got me thinking something was up. Of course I checked his phone and his sister didn't call him.
He does give me money every week but he does run out of money fast but he smokes alot and buys food at work everyday so it's hard to tell where the money goes .
Him drinking is cause this sudden attitude change but hes like you Marcus in the way that he will go back to H (if he hasnt already) if he continues drinking and that's my fear.
I