Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 57

Old 09-30-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Afternoon Hen House!

Day 87 here!

Norty: I can fully understand wanting out of the one room and into a place of your own! A place where Chance can stay too! Is there a website you can research where there are places listed for assistance for ppl with vouchers? Loved the stories you told us!

Lenina: Make a loaf of bread along with other goodies to give him! Everyone loves homemade food!

Does anyone else have the problem of smells coming from pipes not being used? Stinky Stinky Stinky Our large oval whirlpool hardly ever gets used. So the smells that come from it can knock you down when you walk into the master bathroom at times. I have to let the water run for about 15 minutes to get rid of it. Pouring bleach down the drain doesn't fix the problem either. And we pay for our water!

The laundry room sink does it too! The things a home can produce that makes our noses melt off our faces! And lets not even discuss the stink under the kitchen sink! So many things that escapes the wire strains and ends up down in the pipes. We had to buy a snake pump for the kitchen sink to clean it out from time to time.

Okay! I'm done! LOL Gotta get Lil Maria outside before she whines herself into a dancing tizzy!

TOD
Old 09-30-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Norty - Chance is learning empathy from you and he doesn't even know it. You have such a bug heart. I hope thinks work out for housing, you've got my prayers coming!! Nonstop

Sorry, I just went into brain splat. M is in the hospital for some kind of "Spell", mom and Little sister are there. I found out when I texted her to tell her about my interview and Little sister responded back. M is like a petite blonde who doesn't put up with BS from dogs or people. I worry about her.

Anyway, interview went VERY well. I will hear back, Fri at the latest, and she asked me if she offers me the job on Fri, could I start work Mon and I said 'absolutely! " I did not come across desperate, but explained my current job situation.

Mon-Fri, benefits, and working with elite athletes.. Need I say more? Pay I requested is nothing near what I made in nursing, but it will keep me afloat and is close to the equivalent, minus taxes, that I've made off the clock.

Keep good thoughts, prayers and whatever else you can offer. Funny thing.... I'm sitting in this really plush conference room, and in my vision is where I first started waiting tables while locked up. This cannot be a consequence.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-30-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Forgot to share this!

We had the sad news reported today about a missing woman!

She was a Realtor. Met a man to show a house and ended up disappearing! She was found murdered last night around 3:00 AM! They already have the man in custody! When asked why did he do it? He said because she's a rich "B" Realtor!

Jethro and I were so hoping she'd be found alive! Her husband, children and grandchildren have all been waiting and praying since last Thursday for her to be found alive too!

I so worry for female Realtors! My daughter's MIL is a Realtor!

TOD
Old 09-30-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

TOD vinegar followed by baking soda followed by HOT water.

Mold breeds in this places, this will fix it.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

TOD - I read that, sad news.

I didn't mean consequences, I met coincidences! Damned autocorrect.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-30-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Live View Post
TOD vinegar followed by baking soda followed by HOT water.

Mold breeds in this places, this will fix it.
The smell is the backed up gas's due to no water flowing thru the pipes! But yes on the stuff that builds up in the pipes! Our dishwasher will stink too if I don't use it from time to time!

Jethro just sent a message telling me he was going to pickup supper! I sent a message back saying supper is already cooked and waiting for him to get home! LOL

Maria is on the back of the couch watching for daddy to come down the driveway so she can sound the alarm!

TOD
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hello Norty..
It is so good to read your posts..you are an inspiration ..

Live .. great tip..thanks.

Hugs to all..just a pop in..still cooking..preserving..baking..and all that stuff.

lauren
Old 10-01-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 88!

We have temps in the 40's coming this Saturday! I have tons to do to get ready for it! Tomorrow there is a forecast for heavy winds coming with the rain! Then the cold sets in!

My coffee has been drank and I better get moving! The stuff isn't going to get done with me sitting here at my computer!

Have a good day everyone!

TOD
Old 10-01-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Someone gave me the flu or something like it.

Spent the first half of the day under piled up comforters, shivering, trembling and weak. Head hurt too bad to lift it. How bad was it? This chain smoker only smoked 2 1/2 cigs.

I am trying to hydrate myself now.

I am very mad at whomever did not have the common sense to stay home instead of spreading it around. It's one of my main pet peeves.

The tip for better drainage came from some plumbers working in the park.
I haven't tried it yet but plan to soon.

((((hugs to all))))
Old 10-01-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Live - hope you are feeling better soon.

I fell, knocked my head quit well and it is still bleeding hours later no reason, other than I am tired and stressed. I know I don't have a concussion, but not happy about the bump on my head that is still bleeding. Ice pack to the rescue!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-01-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Live, I hope you feel better, but this is an excellent opportunity to quit the nasty cigarettes and improve your health overall.

hope you feel better, hugs.....(shhh I am reading GoneGirl, excellent).

Amy, you cannot do 10 things at the same time, watch out for your movements...ouchy Ice will help. (I once tripped over the vacuum cord slammed myself into the wall bruised my entire arm up).
Old 10-01-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I LOVED Gone Girl!
Old 10-02-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Day 89 here!

Dang Amy! That noggin of yours has been bumped too many times! Tell everyone you were baking and hit your head on the oven door! Wishing you better days!

Tonight we are supposed to have a storm coming thru. The entire state is supposed to get dumped on! Could be severe weather involved too! I worked around here yesterday and last night getting ready for it. The storm is also bringing us much cooler weather!

We can sure use the rain! Things are looking a little brown in areas around the yard! Leaves are starting to fall off the trees, but my mystery rose bush is still budding out! LOL And the ground is still covered in the tiny white flowers too!

TOD
Old 10-02-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

TOD - I actually got tangled up with Sammy on the deck. I had my hand full of my diet sprite, phone, and cigs that am I quitting when the last few I have in this pack are gone. Anyway, Sammy didn't want me to get up and I banged the back of my head on the concrete. Went down the stairs to get the cig (I'm not supposed to be smoking, so no evidence). Very dark, tripped over something, lip hit a pile of bricks.

Yes, I had taken my sleep meds earlier and should have just gone to bed, but they haven't been working very well. Painful lesson to learn.

We need the rain, too, but doesn't look like we'll get much any time soon.

Sorry for those not feeling good and prayers for speedy recovery. Before going outside, I was looking up info for M. They think she has an adrenal gland problem. It looks like it's caused by tumors and they are rarely malignant. Seriously doubt she will be training dogs tomorrow.

I will be quite grumpy without the cigs, but have the time where I don't have to be around anyone for the first 3 days when I snap at everyone and want to smack them.

Am going to try to get some little things done then go back and lay down.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

And the facts come out! LOL Sorry you fell though! You know I'M NOT going to say anything about you smoking! Jethro doesn't say anything about me quitting either! Even though he hasn't smoked since December! Just like everything else! When we are ready to quit? We'll Quit! At least you keep trying! Being able to buy mine cheaper than others doesn't help me to quit either! I'll always remember my dad saying: "When they reach a dollar a pack? I'll quit"! He never did! The day he died I cleaned the cartons of cigarettes out of the freezer. He was stock piling them in there! He'd hide cartons behind stuff so mom didn't know he had that many in there! There was like 30 cartons in there. He couldn't see to drive and made sure he never ran out of them either!

For fever blisters? I use a baking soda paste to get rid of them. It might work for a split lip too? Just put some baking soda in your hand and add a little water. Dab on the spot and then rinse it off after a couple of minutes! Clears fever blisters right up!

TOD
Old 10-02-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm a klutz!! I had about given up sitting on the deck, though it comes in handy when the critters try to come up the stairs. Don't turn the lights on because I get swarmed with bugs. Am now sitting in the chair.

I don't have the $$ for cigs and am tired of smelling, or trying not to, like an ash tray. Bev already bustedme when she saw a pack in my purse. She didn't like it, but I've never smoked in the house.

Bev's son has something called cycling vomiting syndrome, has been throwing up for a week. Bratkin has severe scoliosis and her back is killing her. M has the adrenal gland thing going on. I will say prayers for them all, it's all I can do.

Fixing myself some mac'n'cheese. Comfort food

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
cycling vomiting syndrome
That sounds like the worst, most terrible syndrome ever.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Jay - I agree.

Well, just got the call and I start work on Wed!! They are two of us being hired and we are going to be cross trained, which is even better. I really hope it's the lady that interviewed the same time, as we got along really well.

Also got a call, last night, to talk about siting with someone's mom. I may still do caregiving or work for dad on weekends, just long enough to get caught up.

I'm happy though grumpy as I remembered I'm not smoking.

Raining consistently here, and I've been sleeping on and off, read a book, and just listening to the rain.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-03-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Congrats ((Amy))!! That is so awesome . You finally got your foot in the door with what you've wanted to do for so long now, that's great. All your hard work is paying off.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

YIPPEE-SKIPPY AMY!!!

a REAL job with social security taxes, vacation and benefits, regular hours in a doctor's office, hopefully regular patients who will not hit you and remember who you are.

(please do NOT share your life story with everyone you meet, promise me....you are NOT the past, you are bright, vibrant woman with a real future, you should use discretion in this environment).

regular hours, regular schedule, real work! of course you can do a weekend caregiver for cash, but it will not be your mainstay, and hopefully every patient in the office will not die within a few months. so happy and proud of you!