Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 56

Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Adorable Kitties, Live! beautiful. love the pictures, pretty neat poses. especially the rabbit hide blending in with Tom. Are they the kitties you have now?

MH... very sad about the baby. prayers going up.
Yes, (((TB))) is in a class all by his self. He went through Hell and back, and we respect him highly for his faith.

(((TB))) (((Q))) looks rather healthy! waiting for some treats there, is he? will be praying for the knee to go well for you. about Arlene... well, thats the way it goes sometimes... you stop chasing them and they start chasing you!

(((Amy))) It must be tough dealing with all the different family members , with their different way of seeing things. if the difficult ones had to do what you do, for their parents, they would be more than happy to pay you five times what they do. greedy is an ugly attribute, and it will be their downfall, if they are not careful. you work hard enough, and don't need their hassles on top of everything else.
Watch out , the Golden Fatso's may revolt... no treats???!!!oooh, you may get some bitten toes!

(((Lenina)))) I am so very excited for you, about the kittens it will be so much fun. I hope your work stint goes quickly and painlessly, and you get home soon. Kitty cuddles are the best.

my day was busy... but I get to sleep in tomorrow. work late, ugh, til 8pm. on thursdays.

we sure had some loud storms last night! lightening and thunder back to back, crazy light show.

(((Jay))) miss you and hope you are doing well, and the critters are keeping you out of trouble.

love and hugs,
chic
Old 08-20-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I wanted to show y'all my boys. This is Oskar. I rescued him as a feral kitten last year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (57.4 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-20-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

This is Mr Kibbee..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (92.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 08-20-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Thanks for the prayers about the baby. I talked to her a lot tonight and I'm hopeful she has changed her mind. Please pray for her.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Precious babies!!!! love the sink shot... and Mr. Kibbees freckled nose
Old 08-20-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Prayers going up, MH.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Those kitty cats mean the world to me. Mr K almost died a few weeks ago. It cost me a small fortune to save his life. He got those dang urinary stones and his bladder almost popped. He is on the expensive cat food now and doing great. But it traumatized me! I love my babies .
Old 08-20-2014, 09:09 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Yes, Chicory.

Tom was the first to adopt us. We were out on a walk and he just followed us home. Sometime later I learned that his owners had moved 2 weeks prior and abandoned him.
He wasn't full grown yet.

Quite some time later, Amber, the kitten's mother moved herself in and gave birth to Goldie and Butterball.

Then there is stubby who has taken up residence under the grill on the porch and the neighbor's cat whom we call Mooch, who also visits everyday and slips in between our feet.

And a couple kittens older than ours who sneak over to eat the outside food.

I have told David even if we have to pay full price, we MUST get Mama neutered. We never quite meant to become a cat shelter! and she will just keep having babies. We will be over-run. Shoot, we are now. And I suspect he would just keep falling google-eyed in love with new babies. He just can't help himself.

I do adore the kittens and it is touching to see how close and bonded they are to each other, and, of course, it is amusing to watch them run wild playing games with each other. That has often brought me laughter.

But I am done. I think we have our hands full now.

MH, those are some sweet photos!

Amy, I, too, am sorry you are having to deal with small minded people.

Anyway, that is the cat history and update.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Live isn't there a low cost soya and neuter near you? You could try assistance through the SPCA in your area? Surely someone helps out. They should help you since you help so many cats!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Chicory has helped us find places to call and David has called and called and everyone says they are out of money right now.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

My town has certain beta that do it very low cost also. I'm sure you have checked but I thought I would mention it.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House Folks!

Woke up at 3:30 Pm on Day 45 off the pain meds!

Chicory: Could you please send some of that cooler weather over our direction? We are roasting around here! I went out this afternoon and changed all the water bowls and Magnums water bucket to fresh water. Since Marvin is now sleeping in his own crate in the room with Martha Mae? Magnum has been laying in front of the pit on the porch so the cool air from under the house can keep him cool. It's also the spot to be sitting if we are outside sitting on the porch!

Live: Since y'all are the cats butlers? I guess I'm Martha Mae's Maid! She knocks to come in and I get up to open the door for her! LOL I'm happy to read y'all have the critters to keep you entertained and busy! I at least get a good morning from Jethro when I get up! Even if he is holding Little Maria. LOL It just makes her closer when I give him a kiss, I can give her a kiss too!
***I had to take a double look at the cats on top of each other on your table! LOL I see you like using furs and tanned leather for decorating your table tops too! I used to do that, but I don't now.
***Did you ever find your glasses?

Amy: With the car plates I have on my car? I'm allowed to park in the handicap spots! If I'm by myself and I know I'm going to be coming out with a large load of stuff? I'll park in a handicap spot. Because by the time I've done all the shopping and got it back in the buggy to head out to the car? It's all I have left in me to get it there. Everything that's injured is screaming at me by then. I've also seen ppl park in them that shouldn't be! But ppl probably see me get out of my car and think I don't need to be parking there either. So I'm not going to say anything to anyone about parking in the handicap spots. I did one time and it was in reference to two teenage kids jumping out of their car to go inside to grab something up front and then ran back out to their car!
***Since I'm the night owl in the family and have already taken care of dad on third shift. I know I'll be taking care of mom if she ever needs me to. I also don't go to work each day like my two sisters do either. Mom has the money to stay anywhere she would want to, but I don't see she'll ever want to do that. We'll probably have to hire someone to stay the day with her and I'll be there at night with her. Being young we don't really think about this time in our lives, but it does come! And then the families are put to the test of how to care for the elderly. I'm sorry the C's are giving you so much grief over the extra hours.

Dreamscape: If plugged by chemicals means the bathroom trip? Then try taking some fiber capsules to prevent that problem! Congrat's on your 40 days clean time too!

Lenina: Hello Ms Traveler!

TB: Thanks for the congrats on my 45 days! It's already past 4:50 AM so I'm really into my 46th day, but I don't start counting it until after I get up later today!
***So the knee surgery production assembly line is starting next month? I can only imagine how you are feeling about this? But I'm very happy you have the support team you have. You've always come thru these difficult times with flying colors!
***That Q is one hefty kitty! LOL
***Speaking of Arlene? You have a story to finish! You left us all hanging after you were approved on your Disability! You hit the road and haven't stopped going!

Mama: So you getting bitten by the cat on your hand is where the Vicodins started and this is what caused your problems on you're dealing with now on your arm pit? Yeah the doctors these days are quick to catch on to someone milking them for pain meds.
***That is truly sad news on your brother's GF. I just don't understand why she'd share the photo and then turn around and say this! I hope she changes her mind too!

TOD
Old 08-21-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Be back later
TB
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Today's JFT

Friendships

Page 243

"Our friendships become deep, and we experience the warmth and caring which results from addicts sharing recovery and a new life."

You can read the rest here http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...21-2014-a.html

TB
Old 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post

Be back later
TB
Auntie Chic said HEALTHY- not hefty
Old 08-21-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Good morning everyone. It's a new day filled with promise! My brothers girlfriend is doing better. I was able to talk to her and so was my mom. She has decided against abortion! Thank you Lord!!
How is everyone today? I'm feeling much better. I read a quote last night. "The fear of suffering is much worse than the suffering itself". So I've decided not to put myself through all of this worry. If it has to be done them so be it. I've decided I don't like feeling down. I'm tougher than this. The last 98 days have proved that! I've got to many reasons to be happy to sit around feeling sad!

TOD the cat bite in January did not start my addiction. I spent 20 years in the haze of Vicodin. It started when I was 21. The cat bite and the binges that led to me almost leaving my family ended my addiction. It also didn't cause the problem with my armpit. The doc said it had nothing to do with it.

I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with promise! I'm sitting here getting kitty love and it doesn't get better than that!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

TOD - it's not the daughter who is POA over the money giving me grief, it's the DIL who's husband promised to help out financially and has reneged - he gives his wife an allowance?!! Both C's worked hard all their life but somehow his medication coverage got dropped, and they don't have enough to put him a nursing home for one month.

I'm fine with the hours I get I was just ticked off at DIL's attitude

I may be going to TN Sat and Sun, which means I will miss the C's that morning. Dad may have another run. Work gets covered, more money in my pocket, all is good.

Mrs. C wasn't speaking to me today as I didn't play into her pity pot. V2 came over and is spending the night. She just laughed and Mr. C was fine after she left him alone.

Feels like 96 here, going in to the a/c. Put ice cubes in Sam's water bowls which he likes. I think he likes the heat, it helps his arthritis.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-21-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post

Be back later
TB
I thought well porportioned was considered overweight? I'm SOOOO confused now!

But I know he's happy that all those bad days of having no A/C and everything else is way in the past now!

TOD
Old 08-21-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Hen House Folks!

Day 46 here off the pain meds! It's almost like stacking BB's if you know what I mean! But do able if you know the secret to doing it!

Mama: Thanks for clearing up my questions! I thought I had part of it right but then on the other hand I just wasn't sure. Now I know!

Chicory: Sorry to read you are having negatives on your Thread! I haven't read any of it since way back when!

Amy: Sorry if it seemed I was pointing fingers at anyone? I was sort of just making a general statement about what happens when that time arrives and we all need to be ready for it.

TOD
Old 08-22-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

TOD - no, you were right. DIL and her son got on my nerves the other day, other daughter did today. She wants him out in hospice. Mr. C fell before I got there, paramedics were called and this daughter and hubby did come by. I was a bit concerned about a few things, M was out training so came by after.

He now has a rib protruding (not through the skin) bruises and scraped and he hit the back of his head. All this on hardwood floors. We still my take him for x-rays, just watching him now.

I am doing trips for dad tomorrow and Sun, YAY. Will still work with the C's tomorrow night. So grateful for a/c in my car and home!

Got more roundup to kill the stuff by the phone post, but will wake until I get home tonight and it doesn't feel like 99 degrees!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy